first time

sasqwatches

It IS fun, isn't it? Congrats on all those finds. I found my very first the other day. Most enjoyable time...but I am geared to be a very leisurely cacher. Will probably take me many weeks (if not months) to get to 19--especially if I decided to spend an hour in each cache location sketching the scenery. Suits me fine though. Love this hobby/game.

Only one on my 1st day - congrats on your load of finds. Mine was about 2002 and it was easy - I thought it was the neatest thing ever.

Welcome to the game. I hope you make a commitment to hide real interesting caches in some really interesting places. Find about 15 more before hiding your 1st cache and make an effort that some of them will be 2 and 3 in difficulty. Learn that GPS and learn how to be sensible and not get lost. I recommend you get Delorme map TOPO 8 program and learn to use it well. Have fun, be safe and Cache On!

we only put on 15 to 20 miles i am in cache rich area there is 697 within 25 mile radius

That may seem like a lot but there are some areas much more heavily saturated. A search for caches within 10 miles of San Diego shows 2668 caches. Cache dense areas are not limited to the U.S. either. Prague, Czechoslovakia has 2399 within 10 miles.

Welcome to the funhouse. I'm glad you discovered geocaching and shared the love in here with us.

Just remember that there is a lot to choose from out there, so pick what you like and keep on seeking them.

@OZ2CPU-you don't need to run a PQ to see this just use the hide and seek search features.

For example there are over 12,000 caches within 50 miles of your second hide Beam Me Up. That must be a good one with all those fave points.

Just remember to write the 'story' about your finds in the logs. Please do not get in the habit of SL TNLN TFTC. Tell about your search, what was going on in the area or anything to let the cache owner know about how much fun you had, even if you didn't find the cache you were searching for.

Remember this: Your story is the only "payment" the cache owner gets for placing the cache.

Edited by K13

Very cool first day! Our best still is 19 in one day and we spend days just caching. We want you to find them all just a note that I see some new cachers sometimes make the mistake of. After you get into it and might want to work on some challenges there are some that are a streak. Finding a cache everyday for 100 days or maybe a year or more. If you burn up all the ones around home quickly when you start it could make this fun challenge hard to do. Not saying you would even want to work on it but I have noticed some find all the caches around there house then later decide they want to work on a streak and it gets more difficult. It is all just for fun so go get them just thought I would bring it up as we almost did this and have a blast with our streak.

-WarNinjas

Just remember to write the 'story' about your finds in the logs. Please do not get in the habit of SL TNLN TFTC. Tell about your search, what was going on in the area or anything to let the cache owner know about how much fun you had, even if you didn't find the cache you were searching for.

Remember this: Your story is the only "payment" the cache owner gets for placing the cache.

++++1