How do I convert GPS coords to LORAN Coords

lilbeardy

Are you using this outside of North America? I admittedly don't know much about LORAN but remember reading in other forums about it being shut down some time back. According to Wikipedia: "The current LORAN system has been phased out in the United States and Canada. The United States Coast Guard (USCG) and Canadian Coast Guard (CCG) ceased transmitting LORAN-C (and joint CHAYKA) signals in 2010."

I was just wondering how to convert GPS coords to LORAN coords, for better accuracy and for caching. My LORAN is a Voyager SportNav. Also, I cant find any PDF manuals. And I can't find the companys webpage either.

LORAN is not going to give you better accuracy. Not by a long shot. The best accuracy ever achieved by LORAN stations was 500 ns, which corresponds to a 500-foot position error.

Are you using this outside of North America? I admittedly don't know much about LORAN but remember reading in other forums about it being shut down some time back. According to Wikipedia: "The current LORAN system has been phased out in the United States and Canada. The United States Coast Guard (USCG) and Canadian Coast Guard (CCG) ceased transmitting LORAN-C (and joint CHAYKA) signals in 2010."

I am using this one mainly in minnesnowta or the midwest

Sorry, all you have is an interesting and non-functional museum piece.

Effective 2000 UTC 8 February 2010, the United States Coast Guard terminated all operation and broadcast of LORAN-C signals in the USA. The transmission of Canadian LORAN-C signals was terminated on 3 August 2010.

I hope you didn't pay too much for it.

Sorry, all you have is an interesting and non-functional museum piece.

Effective 2000 UTC 8 February 2010, the United States Coast Guard terminated all operation and broadcast of LORAN-C signals in the USA. The transmission of Canadian LORAN-C signals was terminated on 3 August 2010.

I hope you didn't pay too much for it.

I got it on ebay for 5 bucks