Another bogus logger of discoveries...

Doctor A

So I got an email from a friend who hasn't cached in years, asking if a trackable that he'd put on a watchlist was back in action. So I went to do some investigating and ended up at the profile of "horser" and this thread on the travel bug forum: http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=306530&st=0

But it seems that this guy must have also somehow figured out some pattern to USAGeocoins as well since of all of his trackables, he has one or two here and there but then in various categories, and then 1501 travel bugs and 217 in USAGeocoins, almost all of which were logged on 1/1/2013. WHY do people do this???

I've been getting a lot of bogus logs lately - mostly Germans, as usual - including one from horser.

I wish there was a way to lock these trackables to prevent this waste of my time. Also, it used to be considered a violation of the ToS (wasting Groundspeak resources with this nonsense) but it seems that's no longer the case. Being able to complain & have these abusers banned would be some disincentive to them, you'd think.

Edited by Nazgul

My cachemobile (which has a tracking number on the back) has been discovered by cachers from Germany. About the last 7-8 discoveries. Wow that is a long way to see it since I have not had it over there.

Could be that when your Porsche left the factory they placed a travel bug on it and are just now getting around to discovering it :P:D

a couple years ago I had bogus logs from Germany on a couple coins I've never shown anyone that were in a drawer for a couple years. I simply deleted them and moved on...

virtual logging really gets my goat though. more recently, I had 65-70 bogus logs on my tattoo during GWXI when someone posted a pic of it on facebook and reddit. needless to say, I was a bit perturbed, said a few choice words, called the "photo" culprit everything but human, and deleted all logs from anyone that didn't attend GWXI... some of them were from overseas (Germany and Australia)

many of the logs were much like drneal's and stated they saw it online. one logger had the gall to try and log it two other times after I deleted their first log.

I see TB's and coins shared for virtual discovery everyday on facebook... the problem is too large for Groundspeak to control or monitor. It can only be controlled by the owner of the trackables by deleting bogus logs...