Geocoin Club Coin -- January 2013

Arndtwe

Hey guys! Long time no see :-)

Been a while since I've been around here.

Anyway, the reason I'm posting: so I got the January coin from GCC. It looks great and I love it! I noticed something odd though... On the edge, the coin says he usual track at Geocaching.com but then it says "GEOCOIN CLUB JANUARY 2012" -- lol!

I'm wondering if I am the only one...? Let's hear about it!

P.S. The matching pathtag says Jan 2013

Edited by Arndtwe

Looking a few years downstream ... how will anyone know that the coin that reads "2012" is actually the "2013" coin ??

Is a remint in order ??

you'll find that if you look up the tracking number on the coin, geocaching lists it as gecoin club January 2013

ILYK

It's a shame they messed it up. It's a beautiful coin.

It's really not that bad. I kinda like it, actually. It almost makes it feel like a special edition, one that is hard to come by. Who knows, if they do reprint, it might become more valuable!

And besides, it's not like the bulky compass right in middle doesn't "ruin" it anyway. That thing is huuuuge.

Edited by Arndtwe

Sadly, this happened once before with The Original Masters of Cache and apparently history repeats itself for pretty much the same reason. I designed this coin for GCC quite a while back and when you're work half a year ahead it's sometimes hard to remember that it won't be made until the following year. The complete story behind the design should be out soon and reveal a bit more on the historical background and all the symbolic meanings and details behind this east meets west culture mix that changed the world. :)

Sadly, this happened once before with The Original Masters of Cache and apparently history repeats itself for pretty much the same reason. I designed this coin for GCC quite a while back and when you're work half a year ahead it's sometimes hard to remember that it won't be made until the following year. The complete story behind the design should be out soon and reveal a bit more on the historical background and all the symbolic meanings and details behind this east meets west culture mix that changed the world. :)

Thanks for the insight.

Always interesting how many hands something like that can pass through undetected.

Looking forward to receiving ours .. it's "in the mail" - LOL

My link

Arrived today. Awesome coin with the functional compass.

Also just looked at the December Club Coin for 2012 and it doesn't seem to have

a month or a year at all. The edge on mine is completely blank. Is that normal ?

I haven't seen one, but usually they have some indication somewhere as to the month. What did it look like?

like this .... it's nowhere on the front or back and the edge is shiny gold all the way around.

80a8eae5-9847-4028-a79e-02d1359bd00d.jpg?rnd=0.4152646