Nice app for special solutions

jasy

Hi all,

Fredrik Alstorp here, I am the creator of this iPhone app. Xnote is not geocaching but it has some similarities. It is a way to hide a virtual message (photo & text) at a physical location. You send it to a friend who receive a notice that a secret message is waiting and get curious. In order to view it, he or she must go to the spot you have chosen. Your friend is guided by a map in their smartphone browser and does not need the app. Check it out at http://www.xnoteapp.com

Some ways of sending Valentine's Day greetings today, "geocaching style":

* Hide a love note outside your sweethearts home/workplace

* Hide a "Happy Valentine's Day" greeting outside the office and email it to your colleagues or post it on your intranet

* Hide a greeting for friends at the main square of your hometown and post if on Facebook or your blogg

Happy Valentine's Day!

It may not have been designed for Geocaching, but Geocachers are a pretty resourceful lot. They'll find a use for it.

I mean, the ammo can was originally meant to store ammo, wasn't it? 😊

And the GPS was not intended to search for Tupperware under a stone as I recall. :)

It may not have been designed for Geocaching, but Geocachers are a pretty resourceful lot. They'll find a use for it.

I mean, the ammo can was originally meant to store ammo, wasn't it? 😊

And the GPS was not intended to search for Tupperware under a stone as I recall. :)

It's still not. It directs you to a specified point on the surface of the planet, where a piece of Tupperware is reported to be under a stone. 😊