New Category Icons

Followers 5

razalas thank you for the icon. When I posted the request, I was unaware that an icon already existed. I did post an update about the icon. Not too sure who created it.

I apologize for the misunderstanding. Barb of BK-Hunters

Edited by BK-Hunters

On 9/1/2018 at 6:22 PM, BK-Hunters said:

Okay, I overlooked the obvious.  Whoever created the icon, Thanks

razalas, Sorry I do not have an answer for you, it is a mystery for me also.

2 hours ago, razalas said:

Where did you see it?

There was a new submission to the category is when I noticed it was there. 

Doug, is a graphic designer, perhaps he made it. Do not know when it was posted, however, It was most likely wayfrog who posted. 

Again, I apologize for the misunderstanding

The icon that I currently see for Man-made animal bridges and crossings  looks very much like the icon for Public Playgrounds.

structures1.gif vs structures.gif

I assumed it was a temporary stand-in. The rainbow-coloured structure looks more like playground equipment, and nothing like a bridge or tunnel. The icon that razalas has prepared is in my opinion a better representation of the category.

Not that I have any say, but hey look, I just did :)

Edited by Bon Echo
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Bon Echo said:

The icon that I currently see for Man-made animal bridges and crossings  looks very much like the icon for Public Playgrounds.

structures1.gif vs structures.gif

I assumed it was a temporary stand-in. The rainbow-coloured structure looks more like playground equipment, and nothing like a bridge or tunnel. The icon that razalas has prepared is in my opinion a better representation of the category.

Not that I have any say, but hey look, I just did :)

This is the Department icon, all new categories created within this department receive this icon until an unique icon is created for it.

44 minutes ago, BK-Hunters said:

Hi, I have contacted Doug about this mystery. I requested he post on the forum, hopefully to illuminate this dilemma.

Let's see if we can solve this mystery  ;)

• Upvote 2
On 10/9/2018 at 6:55 PM, wayfrog said:

Done.

Thanks Wayfrog :)

On 10/9/2018 at 7:07 PM, BK-Hunters said:

Okay just checked and it is now updated with the new icon.  

Thanks razalas for another great icon and wayfrog for adding it to the category. 

Mystery solved? :huh:

Of course, the category has its unique icon :D

• Upvote 3

I like 2 and 3, but my favorite is #2, next is #3 (but it slightly looks as a residential building to me). #4 doesn't represent "building" enough and the cross on #1 looks as if it was "flying between the building and the ground" - not enough pixels available for the cross)

On 7/8/2021 at 6:28 AM, razalas said:

I have tried to create an icon for the new category "Elevated Buildings", here are some attempts:

a.gif

b.gif

c.gif

d.gif

What do you think?

OMG!!!

I completely forgot about an icon for the category.  I had made an icon 4de97e1e-51f1-4dab-8e4f-c75a04bdc292_a.j for the group page, but never thought about the icon for the category!

So THANKS, Pedro for going ahead and doing these. I will follow the crowd and go with #2. It's the clearest and most obvious "Elevated Building".

So, is our Wayfroggie listening?!?!?! I'd love it if Pedro's #2 were to magically become the Elevated Buildings' icon. Hint, hint... ...

Keith

On 7/13/2021 at 5:58 PM, ScroogieII said:

OMG!!!

I completely forgot about an icon for the category.  I had made an icon 4de97e1e-51f1-4dab-8e4f-c75a04bdc292_a.j for the group page, but never thought about the icon for the category!

So THANKS, Pedro for going ahead and doing these. I will follow the crowd and go with #2. It's the clearest and most obvious "Elevated Building".

So, is our Wayfroggie listening?!?!?! I'd love it if Pedro's #2 were to magically become the Elevated Buildings' icon. Hint, hint... ...

Keith

I would choose the second too. 

I'm glad you liked it, thanks. 

:)