Sign in to follow this  
Followers 4
Chasing Blue Sky

New Category Icons

478 posts in this topic

Okay. Using information from a site like FindAGrave hardly allows one to Armchair Waymark. Not without stealing photos from FindAGrave, which would, with a bit of investigation, be detected. I've contributed the same photo to FindAGrave and as a Waymark, but never taken any one else's photos from FindAGrave to make a waymark.

Yeah, I realize you were just joking. So was I when I made the Armchair Waymark icon. Just couldn't resist, after the tongue-in-cheek discussion we had on it in a different thread.

I tried to make a Drive By Waymark icon, but just couldn't come up with anything. I'm not that creative. ;)

Now back to your regularly scheduled icons ...

The NEWLY-APPROVED category Fraternal Order of Eagles needs a custom icon! I would like it to be the older F.O.E. logo of the eagle (below) , NOT the new logo (which I don't care for that much).

bf976f6f-d62e-4373-8408-7d3f040b8978.jpg

Can rikitan, razalas and lumbricus do their magic and make this happen?

Much obliged!

~thebeav69

The NEWLY-APPROVED category Fraternal Order of Eagles needs a custom icon! I would like it to be the older F.O.E. logo of the eagle (below) , NOT the new logo (which I don't care for that much).

bf976f6f-d62e-4373-8408-7d3f040b8978.jpg

Here's a GIF - 9e03124c-010b-440e-8fe6-199cc04b9445.gifIcon GIF

And Here's a PNG - 9a6a2834-6b0e-4583-a7cc-00c955469083.pngIcon PNG

ere's another PNG somewhat optimized, size wise - a82687e4-8b16-422d-a627-cee4a617acdc.png

Edited by BK-Hunters

THX Die Nemos.

I copied the link of your icon to my profile page on Waymarking.

Now its shows how it looks on Waymarking.

Looking good for me but I will contact all Officers what they think about it.

We keep in touch about this.

Thx so far for your quick work. :)

Grtz John.

@ admin

:D

If you like it too it would be a pleasure if you can make the icon, made by Die Nemos, as our category icon.

New category = Electric Bike Charging Stations

Grtz & thx John.

@ admin

:D

If you like it too it would be a pleasure if you can make the icon, made by Die Nemos, as our category icon.

New category = Electric Bike Charging Stations

Grtz & thx John.

I have uploaded this icon.

Thanks for the upload!

But I'm still mission the new icon at the category grid - I only see the general old icon.

We need another new category icon for our newest category Bobsleigh Chutes and Mountain Slides.

Maybe someone can create one. Thanks!!

I have tried to create an icon showing a chute on a hill but all my attempts were a failure, the i saw a sign in the picture on the category description and, as always maintaining same style and based on the existing icons, i have created this one:

7d64a819-5b24-4ea1-b03c-a6fd847b14c9.gif

What do you think?

@Waywizard

Could you please upload this icon to the category Bobsleigh Chutes and Mountain Slides.

Thanks a lot!

@ admin.

Thx for publishing the new icon in our Group Electric Bike Charging Stations.

And thx to Die Nemos for making it. :D

Grtz John.

We need another new category icon for our newest category Bobsleigh Chutes and Mountain Slides.

I have tried to create an icon showing a chute on a hill but all my attempts were a failure, the i saw a sign in the picture on the category description and, as always maintaining same style and based on the existing icons, i have created this one:

What do you think?

@Waywizard

Could you please upload this icon to the category Bobsleigh Chutes and Mountain Slides.

Thanks a lot!

The Pergolas category and the Fraternal Order of Eagles category are still in need of new icons. Although I appreciate the effort BK_Hunter did for F.O.E. I still think it needs fine tuning. Anybody here want to take a stab at them?

What do you think?

@Waywizard

Thanks a lot!

Thanks for the upload!

But I'm still mission the new icon at the category grid - I only see the generic old icon. (The icon for Electric Bike Charging Stations is now updated at the grid)

For the new category "Space Invader Art" I think about this Icon

siicon.jpg

siicon.jpg

I am a little bit jealous of Tintin, what about my Icon ?

siicon.jpg

I am a little bit jealous of Tintin, what about my Icon ?

Link is broken, so I can't see it -- but ANYTHING would be better than an artist's palette!

siicon.jpg

The alien is okay, but in my opinion we have to change the colors. The icon should fit to the other icons in the category grid. The neon green doesn't fit very well. Black backgrounds are very rare, too. Maybe you can work out some more color combinations. Very important is the size of the icon. Yours is too big. Download one of the grid, this is the size they must have.

I don't understand what is the problem with my icon ?

I don't understand what is the problem with my icon ?

was it rejected, or has it not been updated after you submitted it?

It not has been updated after i submitted here and it's the third time

I sent a message to Waymizard after his validation of Tintin's icon but no answer.

It not has been updated after i submitted here and it's the third time

I sent a message to Waymizard after his validation of Tintin's icon but no answer.

Let me see if I can help: I will email him too :)

The icon for the android category is being adjusted. The color of the above one is "brighter" than the normal palette of the icons and also will be changed to gif format. I expect the adjusted icon will be uploaded in next few days.

Ok no problem to change color and format, and it's space invader category.

@Benchmark Blasterz A great thanks

... it's space invader category.

oops sorry about the misnomer. My wizard brain couldn't think of the right category name, though I would get it to the right one in the end.

The changes are more significant so wanted to post here before I upload to category.

14516465_10210801141247200_1400261009303776657_n.jpg?oh=b512e415a498a873b53e9908c472a504&oe=5878CFB9

The changes are more significant so wanted to post here before I upload to category.

14516465_10210801141247200_1400261009303776657_n.jpg?oh=b512e415a498a873b53e9908c472a504&oe=5878CFB9

Pretty cool, inspired me for this one 435b2265-4cd1-4874-b66d-1966c8d4a35b.gif

Today i had some free time to finaly post some waymarks and to read the foruns :)

After reading the last posts in this thread and as i love pixel art i could not resist to try to create some icons :anicute:

Here they are:

- Fraternal Order of Eagles

This is a difficult one to draw in pixels, after a few attempts this was the result.

4881615a-f246-4756-bd42-ab40be6ecdfa.gif

- Battery Powered Personal Transport Rentals

First I tried this one

ed49a1d6-5440-4737-aaf0-c2c4ce71f26b.gif

but i didn't like it that much, so i tried some similar to the Bicycle Rentals and i think it's better.

3f3b697c-26a8-4bf1-b2df-dfedf6fc2018.gif

- Commercial Fishing Ports

I tried to maintain the same line of design of similar categories.

The boat seen from the side:

750506dc-cddb-4024-9274-f1c5423bbfba.gif

Or the boat seen from the front:

f5f331e4-188a-48e0-901b-34e7a76dd29d.gif

What do you think?

Any suggestions to change or improve the designs?

Edited by razalas

Excellent job, i call fishing port leader to give to you a reply.

I like what lumbricus did for the Pergolas category and what razalas did for the FOE category. Let's go with both of them. Nice job

All these new icons are excellent :) I'm looking forward to seeing them on the grid!! I really like the fishing ports one :)

Today i had some free time to finaly post some waymarks and to read the foruns :)

After reading the last posts in this thread and as i love pixel art i could not resist to try to create some icons :anicute:

Here they are:

This is a difficult one to draw in pixels, after a few attempts this was the result.

First I tried this one

but i didn't like it that much, so i tried some similar to the Bicycle Rentals and i think it's better.

What do you think?

Edited by pmaupin

Here they are:

First I tried this one

What do you think?

Hello

I really like "The boat seen from the side" for the category of fishing ports.

What is the way forward, to put this icon

Here they are:

First I tried this one

What do you think?

Hello

I really like "The boat seen from the side" for the category of fishing ports.

What is the way forward, to put this icon

Hopefully Waywizard will see this thread, but you might send him an email too :)

All the icons have been uploaded.

WW -- The fishing ports icon looks good, but the FOE and Space Invaders icons are broken. Can you please check them? Thanks :)

WW -- The fishing ports icon looks good, but the FOE and Space Invaders icons are broken. Can you please check them? Thanks :)

I will contact developers to run job that syncs them between servers. The next time you access them they might be the opposite, they were loaded at different times and randomly ended up on different servers. The syncing is supposed to be automatic but not happening.

I will contact developers to run job that syncs them between servers. The next time you access them they might be the opposite, they were loaded at different times and randomly ended up on different servers. The syncing is supposed to be automatic but not happening.

Yesterday the Fishing Port icon appeared normally for us, then it disappeared, then later on it appeared again so we thought it was OK. This morning it has gone again, replaced by the words Commercial Fishing Ports. When that is clicked on, a black screen shows with the following: The image "http://www.Waymarking.com/images/cat_icons/Fishing Ports.gif" cannot be displayed because it contains errors.

BTW, we loved the little fishing boat icon, hope it comes back and stays back.

Edited by Punga and Paua

Now that the Religious Buildings Multifarious category is on and receiving waymarks I have tried to create an icon for it.

I have tried to create a generic religious building whith out using a bell tower or cross to make it more "Multifarious" and and not focused on any religion.

Rounded top:

840fcb53-f8b0-49ce-be97-52a1803678ef.gif

Pointed top:

79f84949-ccda-4c82-8a07-e40a340f85fd.gif

What do you think?

Now that the Religious Buildings Multifarious category is on and receiving waymarks I have tried to create an icon for it.

I have tried to create a generic religious building whith out using a bell tower or cross to make it more "Multifarious" and and not focused on any religion.

Rounded top:

Pointed top:

What do you think?

Razales, you are so talented. :rolleyes: Are you a graphic designer, seems we read that somewhere?

We both like the pointed top, as this is more representative of a "place of worship"

Rounded top:

Pointed top:

What do you think?

Razales, you are so talented. :rolleyes: Are you a graphic designer, seems we read that somewhere?

We both like the pointed top, as this is more representative of a "place of worship"

Thank you.

I'm not a graphic designer. I just love love love Pixel Art and that retro look. :P

The pointed top one is my favorite too.

The new icon for the new Religious Buildings Multifarious category is online.

Thanks to waywizard!

But there are still some icons missing:

Pergolas, Fraternal Order of Eagles, Battery Powered Personal Transport Rentals.

Please take an eye on those icons!! We need them!!