New Category Icons

Please, could I ask you for one thing? I'm really in love with your new icons, so could I ask you to clean and improve icons of (in meaning of Waymarking style and cleaning the icons because of process of making it from another picture format to gif, what made icons not clear)

- Grand Opening

- Political Revolutions

- human migration monuments

and your previous simple ones

- Pillars

- framed views (there was great icon from Rikitan at previous page, so you could combine it)

+ spanish heritage in style of another heritage icons?

Could we somehow support you in your job? Help you?

Thanks again for everything.... (+ yes I'm just not asking, I were trying to do it myself, but it was again disaster, so I believe in you...)

Edited by puczmeloun

Please, could I ask you for one thing? I'm really in love with your new icons, so could I ask you to clean and improve icons of (in meaning of Waymarking style and cleaning the icons because of process of making it from another picture format to gif, what made icons not clear)

- Pillars

I was looking through the icon collection and found a different pillar icon. Would this one be better:

pillars.gif

- Pillars

I was looking through the icon collection and found a different pillar icon. Would this one be better:

pillars.gif

I vote for this one.

- Grand Opening

- Political Revolutions

- human migration monuments

and your previous simple ones

- Pillars

- framed views (there was great icon from Rikitan at previous page, so you could combine it)

+ spanish heritage in style of another heritage icons?

Could we somehow support you in your job? Help you?

Thanks again for everything.... (+ yes I'm just not asking, I were trying to do it myself, but it was again disaster, so I believe in you...)

Spanish heritage icon is already in the style of another heritage, the inspiration for it was an old icon of an heritage category.

I really like it, and as leader would appreciate that it remain the same. :grin:

Regarding the others that i am the leader (Grand Opening and human migration monuments) do as you please. :anibad:

In my opinion we should keep the original icons, I know they are different but they have the style of the artist who created them.

Also think that we are forgetting that the icons are not only used on the grid, and so this icons compared with the other style even with the "grey Waymark" shape have much more quality (when I say quality I'm not referring to the artistic work but to the number of pixels) as you can see in the images below.

Fact is, that icons are displayed on some page with 24x24 resolution (lists - results of searches, statistics, the grid, ... ) and some pages allow higher resolution - 41x41px (your examples - waymark listing, groups, ... ).

It's true that 24x24px icons are much simplier and look quite obsolete on todays' web, but IMHO it's still better choice than 41x41. Because 24x24 looks everywhere the same, however 41x41 is blurry when autoresized to 24x24. In addition, waste majority of icons is created in resolution 24x24 from very beginning, as Lumbricus explained earlier.

I understand that point of view, it's just that was already so used to those icons :anicute:

That said, I think Lumbricus is doing a great job in converting that icons to 24x24, tahnk you.

0c8f4a28-a86a-43cd-b5f3-fcfe4fbc6cc1.gif?rnd=0.3533594

human migration

I like it :) it even has the suitcase :anibad:

Razalas?

3f274281-f4ee-4dd2-8753-a4fa0de9468e.gif?rnd=0.1989405 or de95b9cb-fd17-4038-a5b4-a51a5dd38764.gif?rnd=0.7825063 ? No?

I really prefer this one de95b9cb-fd17-4038-a5b4-a51a5dd38764.gif?rnd=0.7825063 which was based on the Canadian National Historic Sites canada.gif

This one 3f274281-f4ee-4dd2-8753-a4fa0de9468e.gif?rnd=0.1989405 to me represents the Historical markers categories, perhaps one day we have a Spanish Historical markers category and we use this one :grin:

Ok :)23d97aec-ced0-4cc6-9059-c0fecedad867.gif?rnd=0.5179494

Looks good, i really like the black frame around it. :)

I saw now that the category French historical markers has this icon historic_markerFR.gif and the Monuments Historiques Français category has the same icon historic_markerFR.gif

I think that the category French historical markers is ok with this icon historic_markerFR.gif but maybe the Monuments Historiques Français would look better with a different icon such as the flag 25ca3a96-81d8-4e18-9626-7b9dc297e49b.png or the symbol of the Monuments Historiques aeb244bf-1aa6-422c-a6d6-b1776618cc7f.gif.

What you think? Perhaps RakeInTheCache the leader can decide :)

- Pillars

pillars.gif

I'm fine, but I would work a little bit on this one.

I made it a little bit broader at the bottom, and in this case without clouds, looks better (m.o.)

b28ff135-86f0-413c-b1de-24919a82046f.gif?rnd=0.3530695

Edited by lumbricus
...d4229b0d-040e-48ab-a8b0-067772b5ddde.gif?rnd=0.7112849...

Looks good, but as the leader of the "Framed Views" category I would like to let the one I did. But if more people would like to see yours, I'm fine with it.

I did it with the "old heaven" perhaps that's better?

0132a421-274d-458d-8e5f-668164dc9d49.gif?rnd=0.527554

okay :) what im thinking about is that this tree with branches (by my opinion) could be more artistic as your later icons + moved one pixel left to not collide with one hand of frame :)

that human migration is better now, thanks :)

Edited by puczmeloun

OK - grand opening

this e6c7055e-6729-4839-83da-2ccb3436b8f5.gif?rnd=0.01421756

this 81c06d52-aad0-4e61-82e8-276633882a11.gif?rnd=0.9094965

or this f7d66a66-0039-40e2-a52d-7cac26499570.gif

(or something different?)

I like the original one. Maybe someone can create it with clear and readable writing.

I would agree with Tante Hossi. If the first one could be made more readable, it would be the best choice. After all, the point of the category is to waymark grand opening plaques and monuments. This would be more representative of the category.

What do the group officers think?