Sign in to follow this  
Followers 4
Chasing Blue Sky

New Category Icons

Here  is an attempt to create an icon for the "Man-made animal bridges and crossings" category, what do you think?

fim nuvem.gif

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, razalas said:

Here  is an attempt to create an icon for the "Man-made animal bridges and crossings" category, what do you think?

fim nuvem.gif

I like it! 

razalas thank you for the icon. When I posted the request, I was unaware that an icon already existed. I did post an update about the icon. Not too sure who created it.

I apologize for the misunderstanding. Barb of BK-Hunters

Edited by BK-Hunters

Hi Barb, before creating the icon I did a search to see if someone already created and I did not find anything. Where did you see it?

On 9/1/2018 at 6:22 PM, BK-Hunters said:

Okay, I overlooked the obvious.  Whoever created the icon, Thanks

razalas, Sorry I do not have an answer for you, it is a mystery for me also.

2 hours ago, razalas said:

Where did you see it?

There was a new submission to the category is when I noticed it was there. 

Doug, is a graphic designer, perhaps he made it. Do not know when it was posted, however, It was most likely wayfrog who posted. 

Again, I apologize for the misunderstanding

The icon that I currently see for Man-made animal bridges and crossings  looks very much like the icon for Public Playgrounds.

structures1.gif vs structures.gif

I assumed it was a temporary stand-in. The rainbow-coloured structure looks more like playground equipment, and nothing like a bridge or tunnel. The icon that razalas has prepared is in my opinion a better representation of the category.

Not that I have any say, but hey look, I just did :)

Edited by Bon Echo
  • Upvote 1

Hi, I have contacted Doug about this mystery. I requested he post on the forum, hopefully to illuminate this dilemma.

1 hour ago, Bon Echo said:

The icon that I currently see for Man-made animal bridges and crossings  looks very much like the icon for Public Playgrounds.

structures1.gif vs structures.gif

I assumed it was a temporary stand-in. The rainbow-coloured structure looks more like playground equipment, and nothing like a bridge or tunnel. The icon that razalas has prepared is in my opinion a better representation of the category.

Not that I have any say, but hey look, I just did :)

This is the Department icon, all new categories created within this department receive this icon until an unique icon is created for it.

44 minutes ago, BK-Hunters said:

Hi, I have contacted Doug about this mystery. I requested he post on the forum, hopefully to illuminate this dilemma.

Let's see if we can solve this mystery  ;)

5 minutes ago, wayfrog said:

Done.

Okay just checked and it is now updated with the new icon.  

Thanks razalas for another great icon and wayfrog for adding it to the category. 

Mystery solved? :huh:

On 10/9/2018 at 6:55 PM, wayfrog said:

Done.

Thanks Wayfrog :)

On 10/9/2018 at 7:07 PM, BK-Hunters said:

Okay just checked and it is now updated with the new icon.  

Thanks razalas for another great icon and wayfrog for adding it to the category. 

Mystery solved? :huh:

Of course, the category has its unique icon :D

Here are two attempts for the Caritas Internationalis icon, one with the background in red and the other with the background in white.

Which do you prefer?

1.gif

2.gif

50 minutes ago, razalas said:

Here are two attempts for the Caritas Internationalis icon, one with the background in red and the other with the background in white.

Which do you prefer?

1.gif

2.gif

I like the bottom one, but it may look more like Red Cross. I'd go with the top.