New Category Icons

We need some new icon for the newest category Flags of the World.

Which pixel artist wants to create one?

I would say it should fit to the already existing flag icons

Flags of Organisations flags_org.gif

Municipal Flags flags.gif

How about the same 3 flags with a globe in the background?

Here is my attempt:

a0572fb3-d2e9-425c-8119-6afd8f2ae0d6.gif

We need some new icon for the newest category Flags of the World.

Which pixel artist wants to create one?

I would say it should fit to the already existing flag icons

Flags of Organisations flags_org.gif

Municipal Flags flags.gif

How about the same 3 flags with a globe in the background?

Maybe use the globe with only the lat/long lines, instead of land masses and oceans? Might show up better -- IDK

Or maybe change the colors of the flags so they pop. I am having trouble seeing green and blue flags against a green and blue background. :)

BUT -- I'm not an officer, so I don't have a vote :)

Edited by Benchmark Blasterz

Or maybe change the colors of the flags so they pop. I am having trouble seeing green and blue flags against a green and blue background. :)

Yes, you are right. We should change the colors of the flags.

@razalas: could you please change the colors?

New colors :)

b98b14f2-7eea-42d8-b37a-221cee2dd81c.gif

NOW I can see the flags AND tell it's a globe in the background! VERY WELL DONE, Razalas :)

Now that the Global Transmitter category is up and running - very popular - it's time to think about a unique category icon.

I was thinkingabout this idea: a cool three-legged lattice transmitter tower with lightning bolts at the top, on a globe.

Thoughts?

I tried to create an icon some weeks before. But Im not an artist :rolleyes:

686dac04-e015-42c8-845a-6f18793ef90f.gif

Edited by GeoMaulis

Now that the Global Transmitter category is up and running - very popular - it's time to think about a unique category icon.

I was thinkingabout this idea: a cool three-legged lattice transmitter tower with lightning bolts at the top, on a globe.

Thoughts?

My link

I like it :) - but could you add some little lightning bolts to make it clear it is a broadcasting tower?

Thoughts?

My link

I like it :) - but could you add some little lightning bolts to make it clear it is a broadcasting tower?

OK. Hard work for me. Here the next try :) :

d85ee144-89c3-4c75-a98c-0ddab0d0ffdc.gif?rnd=0.2751413 or be5aac90-b44a-418a-bad2-cb5bd9d0a6c9.gif?rnd=0.1547052

Edited by GeoMaulis

Here are some attempts for creating icons for the new categories :)

Hourglass:

Lighter

0b23a384-e415-4e53-83bb-f827cd58f97f.gif

Darker

7c7632d8-6d63-4f58-ae70-a2d4ea45aff9.gif

Global Transmitters:

Simple

89fd870a-ca78-4685-a1c0-9ab99b5a9efd.gif

With lighter side supports

91cce079-8501-4891-8462-e806cd9c98ab.gif

With darker side supports

228c9073-9018-4725-8e2f-5a1af366ac37.gif

What is your opinion?

Any suggestions to change or improve the designs?

First of all thanks for the support with the global transmitter icon. I think the last one hits the point.

Hourglass:

Lighter

Darker

7c7632d8-6d63-4f58-ae70-a2d4ea45aff9.gif

Global Transmitters:

Simple

89fd870a-ca78-4685-a1c0-9ab99b5a9efd.gif

With lighter side supports

91cce079-8501-4891-8462-e806cd9c98ab.gif

With darker side supports

228c9073-9018-4725-8e2f-5a1af366ac37.gif

What is your opinion?

First of all thanks for the support with the global transmitter icon. I think the last one hits the point.

I agree, the last one.

Hourglass:

Lighter

What is your opinion?

Thank you Razalas for taking the time to propose an icon for the new categories, so quickly!

For the hourglass, I find the colors a bit dull personally. I know it's not easy to make tiny icons ... I have suggestions, but if this is not possible, the first proposal, the clearer will be very well :)

Would it also be possible to place uprights on either side of the hourglass and a more round shape of the glass? Like this form for example:

coloriage-sablier-5.png

Thank you Razalas for taking the time to propose an icon for the new categories, so quickly!

For the hourglass, I find the colors a bit dull personally. I know it's not easy to make tiny icons ... I have suggestions, but if this is not possible, the first proposal, the clearer will be very well :)

Would it also be possible to place uprights on either side of the hourglass and a more round shape of the glass? Like this form for example:

Following the suggestions here are two more attempts :)

0ce8fb26-051d-49e7-a2a8-06215e225ac6.gif

66460194-dd1a-4420-962a-aa33c3af713b.gif

Leave it to me to be the outlier - I like the first one, since the guy wires are usually invisible! :) But majority of officers likes another one, so that works for me too :)

THANK YOU RAZALAS for your talent and time to make a unique icon for all of us to enjoy :)

I prefer the first one too, but I also like the other ones :P

Following the suggestions here are two more attempts :)

0ce8fb26-051d-49e7-a2a8-06215e225ac6.gif

66460194-dd1a-4420-962a-aa33c3af713b.gif

I like both 1 AND 2 :) They are very well done!! But for me personally I like the more natural colored sand - so the tan one #1 is my favorite

Here are some attempts for creating an icon for the Australian Heritage Sites Category :)

f83af8a8-64f0-43e7-a32a-19e4145599db.gif

a7c15993-d688-4c59-92e6-edbcfa9e99c7.gif

bfa559c6-5619-4449-83c7-59d26248fa70.gif

What is your opinion?

I think #3 is PERFECT!! I will let my friends in the category know about the choices so they can weigh in too :)

We are so appreciative Razalas :)

The Australian flag is a very challenging banner to reproduce in such small size :)

Here are some attempts for creating an icon for the Australian Heritage Sites Category :)

f83af8a8-64f0-43e7-a32a-19e4145599db.gif

a7c15993-d688-4c59-92e6-edbcfa9e99c7.gif

bfa559c6-5619-4449-83c7-59d26248fa70.gif

What is your opinion?

The Dragon slays Jack. Had a look at the Australian Historical Markers category & decided to go for # 3. Thanks for you efforts.

On August 2, 2017 at 10:36 PM, wayfrog said:

I'll wait for bluesnotes decision, if he is fine with it, I will upload it. Thanks.

I guess I should have seen this sooner. Not sure how I missed this thread. Didn't know you guys were waiting on me for approval.

So here's my thoughts. Based on other existing benchmark categories, and following the icons they have (Canadian Benchmarks, Portugal Geodetic Points, and others for example) they seem to have the writing above the benchmark icon. I think it would be best if we try and follow that route just to be in the norm. If it's possible, the word "Latin" should be above the benchmark icon. Another option is to have both "Latin" and "America" on it as well. With "Latin" being above the benchmark and "America" being below. Not sure if having two spaces for these words would make the icon appear too small or not. If that's too much to ask, then the one razalas has in the previous reply would do just nicely. Either of these options would be alright with me.

Thanks for your hard work razalas and wayfrog. Much appreciated! :rolleyes:

On 07/08/2017 at 10:39 PM, bluesnote said:

I guess I should have seen this sooner. Not sure how I missed this thread. Didn't know you guys were waiting on me for approval.

So here's my thoughts. Based on other existing benchmark categories, and following the icons they have (Canadian Benchmarks, Portugal Geodetic Points, and others for example) they seem to have the writing above the benchmark icon. I think it would be best if we try and follow that route just to be in the norm. If it's possible, the word "Latin" should be above the benchmark icon. Another option is to have both "Latin" and "America" on it as well. With "Latin" being above the benchmark and "America" being below. Not sure if having two spaces for these words would make the icon appear too small or not. If that's too much to ask, then the one razalas has in the previous reply would do just nicely. Either of these options would be alright with me.

Thanks for your hard work razalas and wayfrog. Much appreciated! :rolleyes:

Here it is the writing above the benchmark icon, with 24x24 pixels there is no space for the two words :(

lat.gif

On 29/09/2017 at 8:43 AM, Tante.Hossi said:

Again we need new category icons for the 2 newest categories.

Advertising Columns (this should be easy)

Watershed Markers and Monuments (maybe some sign like the white one of the example pictures in the category description)

So it's time for the pixel artists! I can't wait to see your proposals!

Here are the best attempts I've made so far with the required 24x 24 pixel size fot the Advertising Columns.

What is your opinion? Any suggestions to change or improve the designs?

ac1.gif

ac2.gif

ac3.gif

• Upvote 3