New Category Icons

All the icons have been uploaded.

WW -- The fishing ports icon looks good, but the FOE and Space Invaders icons are broken. Can you please check them? Thanks :)

I will contact developers to run job that syncs them between servers. The next time you access them they might be the opposite, they were loaded at different times and randomly ended up on different servers. The syncing is supposed to be automatic but not happening.

All the icons have been uploaded.

WW -- The fishing ports icon looks good, but the FOE and Space Invaders icons are broken. Can you please check them? Thanks :)

I will contact developers to run job that syncs them between servers. The next time you access them they might be the opposite, they were loaded at different times and randomly ended up on different servers. The syncing is supposed to be automatic but not happening.

Yesterday the Fishing Port icon appeared normally for us, then it disappeared, then later on it appeared again so we thought it was OK. This morning it has gone again, replaced by the words Commercial Fishing Ports. When that is clicked on, a black screen shows with the following: The image "http://www.Waymarking.com/images/cat_icons/Fishing Ports.gif" cannot be displayed because it contains errors.

BTW, we loved the little fishing boat icon, hope it comes back and stays back.

Edited by Punga and Paua

Now that the Religious Buildings Multifarious category is on and receiving waymarks I have tried to create an icon for it.

I have tried to create a generic religious building whith out using a bell tower or cross to make it more "Multifarious" and and not focused on any religion.

Rounded top:

840fcb53-f8b0-49ce-be97-52a1803678ef.gif

Pointed top:

79f84949-ccda-4c82-8a07-e40a340f85fd.gif

What do you think?

Now that the Religious Buildings Multifarious category is on and receiving waymarks I have tried to create an icon for it.

I have tried to create a generic religious building whith out using a bell tower or cross to make it more "Multifarious" and and not focused on any religion.

Rounded top:

Pointed top:

What do you think?

Razales, you are so talented. :rolleyes: Are you a graphic designer, seems we read that somewhere?

We both like the pointed top, as this is more representative of a "place of worship"

Rounded top:

Pointed top:

What do you think?

Razales, you are so talented. :rolleyes: Are you a graphic designer, seems we read that somewhere?

We both like the pointed top, as this is more representative of a "place of worship"

Thank you.

I'm not a graphic designer. I just love love love Pixel Art and that retro look. :P

The pointed top one is my favorite too.

The new icon for the new Religious Buildings Multifarious category is online.

Thanks to waywizard!

But there are still some icons missing:

Pergolas, Fraternal Order of Eagles, Battery Powered Personal Transport Rentals.

Please take an eye on those icons!! We need them!!

Unless I am missing something I do not see it, or the one for Fishing Ports seems to be gone also.

But there are still some icons missing:

Pergolas, Fraternal Order of Eagles, Battery Powered Personal Transport Rentals.

Please take an eye on those icons!! We need them!!

These all have been uploaded. It is caused by the sync issue of the two servers. Any time you see the broken link symbol instead of the old icon it means the icon has been uploaded by the syncing has not take place correctly. I will contact GS development in morning and ask that the sync job be run.

So from the first attempt the preferred is this one with eight divisions:

6d890a5e-3e5d-4a54-97cf-7fd147b4744b.gif

Or you create an icon with let's say only 3 symbols or so. Somekind of 'cut-out' of the circle. So the symbols could be bigger.

As you suggested I have tried a 'cut-out':

Diagonal:

7b8f7cce-a3d2-42d8-babf-3f450f2e1d23.gif

Horizontal:

b0713d68-ced5-4819-812a-581bd08b337b.gif

This is about the grid icons for Commercial Fishing Ports, Religious Buildings Multifarious and Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement are busted.

This fluctuates sometimes they work and other get busted, there just seems to be at least two most times that are not showing.

Anyone else experiencing this?

This is about the grid icons for Commercial Fishing Ports, Religious Buildings Multifarious and Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement are busted.

This fluctuates sometimes they work and other get busted, there just seems to be at least two most times that are not showing.

Anyone else experiencing this?

This is the problem with the icons not syncing between the servers. There is a job that is supposed to run automatically to do this but does not run automatically. The job must to be now run manually now by Groundspeak. Once the icon for the most recent category is uploaded Waywizard will request the job to be run.

Hello icon artists :) We are in need of unique icons for the new Dovecotes category and also for Household Appliances. I am not arty that way, so who would like to get their pixels out and help us? :)

I tried but the cat came along and spilled all my pixels on the floor then started playing with them. Now they're all covered in cat hair.

After a few hours working on it, here is an icon that seems to me well suited to the category of Dovecotes.

9675c66a-52cc-4a89-8e4b-91ab01d9f052.gif

However, I remain open to other graphic proposals which could be put to the vote of the officers of the category.

As a request, can you do one for Household Appliances and Presses. We prefer it not be a grape press. Perhaps an old stove.

Thank you.

After a few hours working on it, here is an icon that seems to me well suited to the category of Dovecotes.

However, I remain open to other graphic proposals which could be put to the vote of the officers of the category.

Looks good, but it needs small changes in my opinion. We don't have perspectives (shadows etc.). The new icon should fit to the old ones. The rest is pretty good (shy, clouds, colors,..).

Hi there, need an icon for the new Spiritual Warriors. Could someone whip up one with the Maltese cross on a red background? (like the icon for the Monks of Ware group?) I would be much obliged!

RitC.

I have tried to draw one

Center in red:

3f686d4e-74b9-4e4b-ade1-442f5a37f2cc.gif

Center in white:

3564664e-43e7-4766-831c-5c4a378f5f13.gif

I prefer the Center in white what do you think?

Hi there, need an icon for the new Spiritual Warriors. Could someone whip up one with the Maltese cross on a red background? (like the icon for the Monks of Ware group?) I would be much obliged!

RitC.

I have tried to draw one

Center in red:

Center in white:

THANK YOU Razakas for drawing this up! :) I do not have this talent.

The center in white is closest to the historical emblem, so while both are AWESOME, I personally prefer the center in white.

:)

RitC.

I have tried to draw one

Center in red:

Center in white:

Beautiful! Either one does it for me.

RitC.

I have tried to draw one

Center in red:

Center in white:

let's pick one and get our spiffy icon out there :)

Edited by Benchmark Blasterz

RitC.

I have tried to draw one

Center in red:

Center in white:

let's pick one and get our spiffy icon out there :)

OK, let's go with the solid in the center, but I don't know what the next step is.

Hi, it sure would be nice if one of these creative geniuses could create a new icon for the Household Appliances and Presses category.

We would sincerely appreciate suggestions or perhaps even an icon.

Thank you for your consideration of this request. Barb of BK-Hunters

We would prefer it not be a press, but something representative of an antique appliance.

Hi, it sure would be nice if one of these creative geniuses could create a new icon for the Household Appliances and Presses category.

We would prefer it not be a press, but something representative of an antique appliance.

How about a woman in pioneer dress churning butter?

After taking a look at the waymarks already approved in the category, here ar my attempts to create an icon for the category:

Spinning wheel:

1 - 86c433e1-312e-43fd-8dd2-e0ea81db4465.gif or 2 - 434c6a64-1407-408e-a581-69cf73be859d.gif

Sewing machine:

d10fc2ec-c846-49ae-b959-e20a2b4392f9.gif

I have also tried to create an icon to the "Latin American Benchmarks" category:

7dc2ed6f-e397-486f-8495-9400d49c2252.gif

Looks good, but it needs small changes in my opinion. We don't have perspectives (shadows etc.). The new icon should fit to the old ones. The rest is pretty good (shy, clouds, colors,..).

Lumbricus is right, here is an example of version that keeps the same style as the old ones:

e3fcfbf2-99e8-448f-892d-9a91151f900a.gif

Lumbricus is right, here is an example of version that keeps the same style as the old ones:

e3fcfbf2-99e8-448f-892d-9a91151f900a.gif

Ok, let's forget the perspective and return to the 2D for icones' homogeneity.

I took the version of razalas and I removed a row of holes of flight that do not exist on this type of dovecote and I darkened the color of the pigeons in flight so that we see them better.

4a989cd4-3798-48f9-b896-18e65e00ac3e.gif

As a Leader in the Dovecotes category, I give my approval for this new version and wait for the final decision...

After taking a look at the waymarks already approved in the category, here ar my attempts to create an icon for the category:

Spinning wheel:

1 - 86c433e1-312e-43fd-8dd2-e0ea81db4465.gif or 2 - 434c6a64-1407-408e-a581-69cf73be859d.gif

Sewing machine:

d10fc2ec-c846-49ae-b959-e20a2b4392f9.gif

I have also tried to create an icon to the "Latin American Benchmarks" category:

I really like your icons-- THANK YOU Razalas!! It will be hard to decide between the spinning wheel and sewing machine, but I think the sewing machine wins by a thread lol

May I suggest abbreviating 'Latin America' to 'Lat Amer'? Then perhaps the benchmark can be a bit bigger and the whole icon will be easier to see ...

razalas, you are sure creative. Though I really like the spinning wheel, perhaps the sewing machine would be a better fit. It does have more contrast which would show better as an icon.

So lets go with the sewing machine. Thank you again, it is greatly appreciated. Barb of BK-Hunters

I like this category icon, but I was thinking of something that included a representation of all the countries, versus just words. The category name already includes this. Something similar to this: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1f/Latin_America_Flag_Proposal.png

I prefer the one above as it includes the colors of flags of the countries included in Latin America. The sundevil on the top could be replaced by the benchmark icon. Similar to what we have with Latvia Benchmarks and Belgian Benchmarks.

or even:

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/conworld/images/0/05/Latin_America_flag.svg/revision/latest?cb=20090131090714

With the current benchmark icon that we already have included somewhere, possibly below the flag/country representation as done with similar categories in the past.

Since I'm no expect when it comes to editing gifs, I have minimal experience here, a better more simplistic solution would be to have the word "Latin", as done with Canadian (CAN) benchmarks and Vértices Geodesics (Spain Benchmarks) (ESP) and Portugal Geodetic Points (PT). It would work much better when trying to make room for the benchmark icon. I believe this would be the best solution.