New Category Icons

I have worked in some more of the icons that are missing.

The Off-Leash Dog Areas, Dog Friendly Hotels and Dog-Friendly Restaurants use the same icon that is the Animals department icon dog.gif.

Kept the same style and based on the existing icons i created this ones:

88a754ff-02ed-4a02-b6d0-4503f422d1f8.gif Dog Friendly Hotels

8528bfb0-152e-4227-8924-175c83551c23.gif Dog-Friendly Restaurants

cf90c113-664b-43de-adec-cc1467697350.gif Off-Leash Dog Areas

The Bed and Breakfast, Lighthouse Bed and Breakfasts and the Recommended Accommodation use the same icon that is the Lodging sub-department icon BB.gif.

Again kept the same style and based on the existing icons i created this ones:

332ae8d1-799d-4e56-bb05-20eb762816c0.gif Bed and Breakfast

7213862f-a5db-4dd0-8c51-60b77e765b67.gif Lighthouse Bed and Breakfasts

3073acdb-f479-41cb-9875-cb2642a069f9.gif Recommended Accommodation

What do you think? :unsure:

Edited by razalas

I have worked in some more of the icons that are missing.

The Off-Leash Dog Areas, Dog Friendly Hotels and Dog-Friendly Restaurants use the same icon that is the Animals department icon dog.gif.

Kept the same style and based on the existing icons i created this ones:

88a754ff-02ed-4a02-b6d0-4503f422d1f8.gif Dog Friendly Hotels

8528bfb0-152e-4227-8924-175c83551c23.gif Dog-Friendly Restaurants

cf90c113-664b-43de-adec-cc1467697350.gif Off-Leash Dog Areas

The Bed and Breakfast, Lighthouse Bed and Breakfasts and the Recommended Accommodation use the same icon that is the Lodging sub-department icon BB.gif.

Again kept the same style and based on the existing icons i created this ones:

332ae8d1-799d-4e56-bb05-20eb762816c0.gif Bed and Breakfast

7213862f-a5db-4dd0-8c51-60b77e765b67.gif Lighthouse Bed and Breakfasts

3073acdb-f479-41cb-9875-cb2642a069f9.gif Recommended Accommodation

What do you think? :unsure:

Hi razalas,

nice. First about the dog head. I would like to see the same head like our exiting dog has (at the moment it looks a little bit different). If so, the Dog Friendly Hotels would be okay. For the Dog-Friendly Restaurants we have to think about another idea, 'cause this looks not very dog friendly, more like a restaurant which serves dogs, sure in China you would find some. :laughing: Off-Leash Areas is okay, but again I would like to see the 'old' dog in the green.

Bed and Breakfast -> good

Posted Image Lighthouse Bed and Breakfasts -> good

Posted Image Recommended Accommodation -> Can you make the hand a little bit smaller, just a little bit?

Thanks for your work!

-lumbricus

Hi razalas,

nice. First about the dog head. I would like to see the same head like our exiting dog has (at the moment it looks a little bit different). If so, the Dog Friendly Hotels would be okay. For the Dog-Friendly Restaurants we have to think about another idea, 'cause this looks not very dog friendly, more like a restaurant which serves dogs, sure in China you would find some. :laughing: Off-Leash Areas is okay, but again I would like to see the 'old' dog in the green.

Bed and Breakfast -> good

Posted Image Lighthouse Bed and Breakfasts -> good

Posted Image Recommended Accommodation -> Can you make the hand a little bit smaller, just a little bit?

Thanks for your work!

-lumbricus

Hi lumbricus,

Thank you for your comments, about the dog head i have used the existing dog head took it from here pet_cemetary.gif, do you think I should try to put the head of the complete dog?

About the Dog-Friendly Restaurants now that you mentioned it seems a bit a restaurant which serves dogs :blink:

The Off-Leash Areas I used the dog from the dog sautes icon, i have tried now the other dog f80efc97-a4fc-4cda-a449-f01cbf0ab8fc.gif better :D

And The Recommended Accommodation with the hand a little bit smaller cda2b516-2389-4b61-b9d0-e9af16765b71.gif

:grin:

...Hi lumbricus,

Thank you for your comments, about the dog head i have used the existing dog head took it from here pet_cemetary.gif, do you think I should try to put the head of the complete dog?

About the Dog-Friendly Restaurants now that you mentioned it seems a bit a restaurant which serves dogs :blink:

The Off-Leash Areas I used the dog from the dog sautes icon, i have tried now the other dog f80efc97-a4fc-4cda-a449-f01cbf0ab8fc.gif better :D

And The Recommended Accommodation with the hand a little bit smaller cda2b516-2389-4b61-b9d0-e9af16765b71.gif

Now I know why I don't like the dog head, it's a dead dog head... :yikes: from the pet cemetery. Please try to get the head of the complete dog. Thanks!

Off-Leash is perfect now, also the Recommended Accommodation looks good now.

Thanks again!

Now I know why I don't like the dog head, it's a dead dog head... :yikes: from the pet cemetery. Please try to get the head of the complete dog. Thanks!

Off-Leash is perfect now, also the Recommended Accommodation looks good now.

Thanks again!

No more dead dog ;)

f8873e7d-99f4-4481-aa27-24565d73107f.gif The Dog Friendly Hotels with the head of the complete dog icon.

We need another new category icon for our newest category Bobsleigh Chutes and Mountain Slides.

Maybe someone can create one. Thanks!!

I have tried to create an icon showing a chute on a hill but all my attempts were a failure, the i saw a sign in the picture on the category description and, as always maintaining same style and based on the existing icons, i have created this one:

7d64a819-5b24-4ea1-b03c-a6fd847b14c9.gif

What do you think?

armchair.gif Armchair Waymark

This is a great icon MountainWoods, how about adding Blue Eye Cemetery to the category. :D Remember NO original photographs.

Not sure what you mean by that. I recently waymarked a Blue Eye Cemetery, but the two photos in the waymark are originals. One of them even has my wife and our car in it. Can't do that by armchair.

I guess I'm missing the point.

armchair.gif Armchair Waymark

This is a great icon MountainWoods, how about adding Blue Eye Cemetery to the category. :D Remember NO original photographs.

Not sure what you mean by that. I recently waymarked a Blue Eye Cemetery, but the two photos in the waymark are originals. One of them even has my wife and our car in it. Can't do that by armchair.

I guess I'm missing the point.

"I found FindAGrave through the Waymarking hobby. See http://www.Waymarking.com. I have contributed many Waymarks to the Worldwide Cemeteries category using information I got from FindAGrave."

It was a joke, I found this profile and made the connection. I am also a contributor to FindAGrave and I have actually visited Blue Eye, MO. I saw you have two requests pending. Touché

Edited by BK-Hunters

Okay. Using information from a site like FindAGrave hardly allows one to Armchair Waymark. Not without stealing photos from FindAGrave, which would, with a bit of investigation, be detected. I've contributed the same photo to FindAGrave and as a Waymark, but never taken any one else's photos from FindAGrave to make a waymark.

Yeah, I realize you were just joking. So was I when I made the Armchair Waymark icon. Just couldn't resist, after the tongue-in-cheek discussion we had on it in a different thread.

I tried to make a Drive By Waymark icon, but just couldn't come up with anything. I'm not that creative. ;)

Now back to your regularly scheduled icons ...

We need another new category icon for our newest category Bobsleigh Chutes and Mountain Slides.

Maybe someone can create one. Thanks!!

I have tried to create an icon showing a chute on a hill but all my attempts were a failure, the i saw a sign in the picture on the category description and, as always maintaining same style and based on the existing icons, i have created this one:

7d64a819-5b24-4ea1-b03c-a6fd847b14c9.gif

What do you think?

@Waywizard

Could you please upload this icon to the category Bobsleigh Chutes and Mountain Slides.

Thanks a lot!

I have uploaded this icon.

For the new category "Space Invader Art" I think about this Icon

siicon.jpg

The alien is okay, but in my opinion we have to change the colors. The icon should fit to the other icons in the category grid. The neon green doesn't fit very well. Black backgrounds are very rare, too. Maybe you can work out some more color combinations. Very important is the size of the icon. Yours is too big. Download one of the grid, this is the size they must have.

Today i had some free time to finaly post some waymarks and to read the foruns :)

After reading the last posts in this thread and as i love pixel art i could not resist to try to create some icons :anicute:

Here they are:

- Fraternal Order of Eagles

This is a difficult one to draw in pixels, after a few attempts this was the result.

4881615a-f246-4756-bd42-ab40be6ecdfa.gif

- Battery Powered Personal Transport Rentals

First I tried this one

ed49a1d6-5440-4737-aaf0-c2c4ce71f26b.gif

but i didn't like it that much, so i tried some similar to the Bicycle Rentals and i think it's better.

3f3b697c-26a8-4bf1-b2df-dfedf6fc2018.gif

- Commercial Fishing Ports

I tried to maintain the same line of design of similar categories.

The boat seen from the side:

750506dc-cddb-4024-9274-f1c5423bbfba.gif

Or the boat seen from the front:

f5f331e4-188a-48e0-901b-34e7a76dd29d.gif

What do you think?

Any suggestions to change or improve the designs?

Edited by razalas

Today i had some free time to finaly post some waymarks and to read the foruns :)

After reading the last posts in this thread and as i love pixel art i could not resist to try to create some icons :anicute:

Here they are:

This is a difficult one to draw in pixels, after a few attempts this was the result.

First I tried this one

but i didn't like it that much, so i tried some similar to the Bicycle Rentals and i think it's better.

What do you think?

Edited by pmaupin

Here they are:

First I tried this one

What do you think?

Hello

I really like "The boat seen from the side" for the category of fishing ports.

What is the way forward, to put this icon

Here they are:

First I tried this one

What do you think?

Hello

I really like "The boat seen from the side" for the category of fishing ports.

What is the way forward, to put this icon

Hopefully Waywizard will see this thread, but you might send him an email too :)