What has geocaching led you into

eusty

When I started caching in the dark I didn't have a decent torch, so I decided to get one.....which has led to a addiction!

These are what I have so far with the lumen's they give out in bold.

torches.jpg

• Thrunite Ti (80)
  • Nitecore SENS CR (190)
  • Led Lenser P3 (15) x2
  • Led Lenser P7 (220)
  • Xtar TZ20 (820) x2
  • Fenix TK35 (820)
  • Thrunite TN30 (2800)

So what has geocaching done for you?

When I started caching in the dark I didn't have a decent torch, so I decided to get one.....which has led to a addiction!

These are what I have so far with the lumen's they give out in bold.

torches.jpg

• Thrunite Ti (80)
  • Nitecore SENS CR (190)
  • Led Lenser P3 (15) x2
  • Led Lenser P7 (220)
  • Xtar TZ20 (820) x2
  • Fenix TK35 (820)
  • Thrunite TN30 (2800)

So what has geocaching done for you?

Ha ha, that is a bit geeky!! You could say that caching has brought new light to your life!

I am now obsessed with clip lock containers! I cant go shopping without checking out the sizes, shapes and quality of containers on display, sad I know! I have only placed 4 caches so far but have about another 20 in the making, they are in various stages of preparation, most are still as I bought them but some are painted black and others are being taped black.

Hmmm... Poison ivy & ticks and an bathroom cabinet full of PI creams, soaps, drugs, sprays, etc.

A Huge tackle box in my truck....filled with everything you could possibly need to maintain or hide a geocache on a spur of the moment!! Did I mention...it also has PI creams & wash in it! Oh...and bug bracelets, bug spray, ....

Like any other hobby I've ever been in....I keep spending money on things that don't directly involve geocaching but indirectly were decided to be purchased because of the hobby (did that make sense?)

Gotta love it...

Nice Flashlights! I need a few of those for work!

I am now obsessed with clip lock containers! I cant go shopping without checking out the sizes, shapes and quality of containers on display, sad I know!

haha I'm the same! Actually Mrs eusty came back from shopping the other day with a 'little present' for me, when I looked in the bag it was a couple of containers from Morrisons :)

I am now obsessed with clip lock containers! I cant go shopping without checking out the sizes, shapes and quality of containers on display, sad I know!

haha I'm the same! Actually Mrs eusty came back from shopping the other day with a 'little present' for me, when I looked in the bag it was a couple of containers from Morrisons :)

Are they good quality from Morrisons? I will have to have a look!!!! :rolleyes:

Edited by Need me glasses

Cycling for me. I hate driving in town and found all the caches that were within sensible walking distance (even when "sensible" meant anything up to 20 miles of walking in a day) so I needed a means of getting around faster.

Cue a visit to the local bike shop, a lot of looking at bikes, resulting in a gleaming new mountain bike. Which was embarrassing given I was the sweaty fat guy who couldn't go up hills let alone mountains. But it got me around faster, and striking out further and further to find caches meant I increased my distance and endurance without even realising what I was doing.

Now I find cycling more fun than geocaching so quite often get home, look at my GPS track log, and realise I went literally right past several caches on my ride but didn't stop to hunt for them. But other times I set out with caching as the goal and figure if I run out of time I just cut the ride short.