Snow Chaos

Two short lunchtime caching walks today and yesterday in woods N of Maidenhead. Snow on the ground, -2 according to my car just now. Feel really braced for it. On Monday I did an urban one - parked 20 yards away but there was a blizzard. Might go urban again this weekend as I'm on quite a good stretch by my standards, albeit one a day in my lunch hour.

Some caches might even show up more in snow - others will be totally buried. Should be an interesting weekend's sport.

I am hoping to go out to a couple of caches this weekend. Don't know if I will cause it means driving in the snow and I hate that... :(

Totally agree, it's the travelling with the kids in the car that I probably won't risk so I have saved one local cache till the weekend which hopefully will double up as a couple of hours snowman building,sledging. Not sure what the kids will be doing mind you!lol.

I have caching plans on Sunday which I hope to be able to do; but if the roads are bad I will cancel. I hope I can go ahead, as it is one which requires coordination with a team in Canada, and we have agreed on a specific time.

From the local forecast it looks to be the worst here on Friday; I'm hoping by Sunday the roads will be OK.

I am hoping to go out to a couple of caches this weekend. Don't know if I will cause it means driving in the snow and I hate that... :(

Totally agree, it's the travelling with the kids in the car that I probably won't risk so I have saved one local cache till the weekend which hopefully will double up as a couple of hours snowman building,sledging. Not sure what the kids will be doing mind you!lol.

I have 3 within a 1/2 hour walk from my house so I hope that I can get those if I can't drive to the group of caches I wanted to do. I keep putting one off though as its a multi cache and I'm not a fan of those.

Will definitely be doing some caching, I've even taken tomorrow off. There's some loose plans for a bit of a get together to do some slightly unusual caches on Sunday which will involve a bit of a drive so that may get canned if the snow is too bad, but if so I'll find somewhere to walk to.

Back in 2010 when we had a lot of snow and I was on my own for the weekend I walked >21km from home to grab a few, so if all else fails I'll do that again.

I have caching plans on Sunday which I hope to be able to do; but if the roads are bad I will cancel. I hope I can go ahead, as it is one which requires coordination with a team in Canada, and we have agreed on a specific time.

From the local forecast it looks to be the worst here on Friday; I'm hoping by Sunday the roads will be OK.

You cache in the same area as me. (Just went to look at a cache I failed to find on Sunday and found you've also failed to find cache) :) what direction of caches are you looking for? If I can drive then I'm planning Stanton and Stratton area if not I'm popping to the messenger for lunch n then doing the multi next to it.

Well after my post on Friday (above) I then went out in the afternoon for another 3.5 miles, 2 caches & 3 pints on the way back :rolleyes:

Saturday there were no caches for me within walking distance so me & the missus did ~4 miles to grab one she hadn't found.

Sunday still no caches within walking distance so did a final recce of a series I'm putting out and did another ~5.5 miles.

All of the above was somewhat necessitated by having to take the Mother in law's dog out 'cos she couldn't go anywhere in the snow.

Did 8 over the weekend in the snow. Some nice kind person placed 3 lovely new caches on our doorstop which were published on Friday, so we picked those up on Saturday and then on Sunday, as the roads were clear, picked up a few park and grab ones. It was fab as there was hardly anyone around - and NO MUD :anitongue: