Earthcache pre-evaluation

alves89

Good evening

I'm trying to submit a new earthcache in my area about erosion, in a place where the people takes clay for a long time, but after that, the erosion created by the water as made an very interesting structure (gully's, i think that's the name)...

Do you think is acceptable that a geological structure, initiated by man (cut the vegetation, and take the stones that protect the hill) but the remaining process is completely natural?

Suggestions, ideas... I appreciate it... ;)

I would think so. Erosion is one of the categories listed on the site. And to cite an example, Providence Canyon in Georgia is an entire canyon system created by erosion due to poor farming practices.

Getting ideas on this forum is a great way to work through an earthcache. You can also contact the earthcache reviewer that covers your area (looks like it would be GeoAwareEU1) and get guidance from them.

I would think so. Erosion is one of the categories listed on the site. And to cite an example, Providence Canyon in Georgia is an entire canyon system created by erosion due to poor farming practices.

Getting ideas on this forum is a great way to work through an earthcache. You can also contact the earthcache reviewer that covers your area (looks like it would be GeoAwareEU1) and get guidance from them.

Thank you for the answer hzoi. I was not aware of the nick of the reviewer... thank you a lot ;)

No problem!

If you're wondering how I found out the EC reviewer for Portugal, easy. I looked at the newer earthcaches you've found, then looked for the reviewer who published them. geoaware used to be the only earthcache reviewer account, but a couple years ago more earthcache reviewers were added to share the load and to divide up geographical areas.

No problem!

If you're wondering how I found out the EC reviewer for Portugal, easy. I looked at the newer earthcaches you've found, then looked for the reviewer who published them. geoaware used to be the only earthcache reviewer account, but a couple years ago more earthcache reviewers were added to share the load and to divide up geographical areas.

Yes, of course, I didn't think remember to go look for other earthcaches... even the normal reviewers needs even more help nowadays, with new guidelines asking for reviewers to do in-loco the review of more complex caches... let's wish that more level 3 reviewers would be announced

What does it mean "to do in-loco the review?"

It means you have to be crazy enough to be a reviewer. I am sure.

What is a "level 3 reviewer?"

It is the level they lock all the reviewers that are crazy enough to volunteer

But seriously...

Write up something, and submit it, the local reviewer can give you advice, or at least get the ball rolling.

Edited by BlueRajah

What does it mean "to do in-loco the review?"

It means you have to be crazy enough to be a reviewer. I am sure.

What is a "level 3 reviewer?"

It is the level they lock all the reviewers that are crazy enough to volunteer

But seriously...

Write up something, and submit it, the local reviewer can give you advice, or at least get the ball rolling.

I think I didn't say nothing special... nowadays, at least in my reality the reviewers have more, and more work to do, and because of recommendations like the GC2013/01 it would be good to create more level 3 reviewers, or regional reviewers, I heard that level thing from a reviewer, so I think I'm not (totally) crazy... ;)

Please, correct me if I'm saying something wrong...

That is how most Earthcache reviews work. Make something and send it to them.

About the Level 3 - The reviewer may consider them different, or there could be a misunderstanding. There are Earthcache Reviewers, and Regular reviewers, those are the only categories.

Ok... thank you for the answers... probably a misunderstanding from me.