See the cache in Google Street View

Lil Devil

Maybe the site is busy

The connection has timed out

The server at userscripts.org is taking too long to respond.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.

If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.

If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

The Street View script has been updated to work again now that the cache pages load via https. Install the script

Original post:

I just published a new Greasemonkey script that adds a Google Street View image of the cache location (if one is available) to the cache page.

SV-cache.png

The tooltip on the icon shows the name of the cache (or waypoint) and the distance from the viewer (the Street View car). This can be configured to show in meters or feet. Click on the gear icon above the map to set this and other options.

If there are additional waypoints, or corrected coordinates, they are all shown on the map, and are scaled appropriately with distance in the Street View.

The map and the Street View image are linked together. Moving one is reflected on the other.

You can also click on the "Full" button at the top to view the same map(s) in the full browser window.

2 hours ago, HHL said:

YOU can do something: Hit the settings button (top right) and enter an Apikey. It's that easy.

Hans

I don't have that option in my settings, neither do I have the API key.

Zajeta slika.JPG

2 hours ago, on4bam said:

Try again.. there's no error for the moment. It seems Google is constantly changing things.

Looks like so. It's currently working for me too.

Edited by Ridler & Cmokica
2 minutes ago, HHL said:

I'm using version 2.01 of this add-on.

I don't think the plugin version has anything to do with it.

It's Google. When the plugin failed, GSAK's Map Nearest V3 showed the map error too. Later in GSAK it worked again and the plugin worked again too. Looks like Google is switching stuff on and off.

2 minutes ago, HHL said:

Please read the latest four posts as well. We're talking about the Google api key and how to use it with this extension. We're NOT talking about GSAK macros.

Read the post Ridler & Cmokica made about the plugin not working. It has nothing to do with API key as the same error was seen in GSAK, the plugin now works again as does the gsak macro. So it's at google's end. It has nothing to do with the version.

Edited by on4bam
2 minutes ago, on4bam said:

It has nothing to do with the version.

You should know that Google actually works like a roller coaster. It has to do with the extension,  as one might use the Google Api key with this extension. That way the extension will always work, not only sometimes.
I'm off now as I do not like your waisenheimer behaviour.

15 hours ago, learn2mine said:

There is a dedicated Google Street view add-on for Firefox now! Just install and it works!

I miss having this option available.  No one has a problem staring at you as you walk down the street in Germany - but apparently to do so from behind a computer screen is a violation of privacy.

On 3/14/2024 at 5:25 AM, Boonie-oet-Gelaen said:

This used to be a great script. Used it in the past but cannot download it anymore. Links aren't working. Is it still available somewhere?

There is a copy from 2013 on the Wayback Machine at Internet Archive here:

https://web.archive.org/web/20131104142911/https://userscripts.org/scripts/source/156543.user.js

The above is from the original link in the original post.  Lil Devil posted an updated link in 2015 that currently works, and may point to a newer version of the script:

https://lildevil-greasemonkey.s3.amazonaws.com/GC-street-view.user.js

Edited by Vovten
Fixed dates, added a 2015 link