Remove caches I've found from GPS

cozgirl26

I don't use that one so I stole directions from the internet.

“ENTER” is done by pressing down on the Joystick

1. Press “BACK” until the main menu is displayed

2. Using the joystick, select “Tools’ and press ”ENTER”

3. Select “Settings” and press ”ENTER”

4. Scroll down to “Memory and press “ENTER”

5. Press “MENU” and choose the appropriate option

NOTE: Clear Memory will erase all user Waypoints and preloaded Geocaches. If you select this option you may want to backup the data by copying the Geocache or Waypoint files to you PC using steps below.

The best way to do it is when you run a PQ, make sure you check the box for "And I Haven't Found." I usually name my PQ and then also select to keep the name in the title of the download.

Then, when you're uploading the new PQ to your Magellan, first delete the old PQ from the same area. If you keep the old PQ, the new one doesn't overwrite any cache that's already in there - it will only add new caches. So you miss new logs, plus all your finds stay too.

Once you delete the old PQ from the same area, upload the new one, and you'll have all the caches except the ones you've already found!

When on the page where you choose caches, highlite a cache but don't select it. hit the menu button and there should be options like found, DNF and such. Go to the bottom and there will be delete (this?) cache and delete all caches.

I can't exactly remember how to do it, and mine is buried somewhere(I don't like caching in winter)

Fair answers there.... but I think the answer was not given.

If you are asking how to remove the caches that you have marked as "Found" within the unit, you need to upload your Field Notes.

Find the link to Field Notes on your Profile page:

e2c88e7e-0c15-4e90-bc10-2848c501f9eb.png

Click that link and follow the directions for your unit.

Uploading them will remove them from your GPSr.

It also is a very good method for logging your finds. No mistakes after a long day of geocaching and the mind starts to go a little foggy. :rolleyes:

We use them making notes at the cache, upload, then expand those notes into a full blown log and [submit].

Fair answers there.... but I think the answer was not given.

If you are asking how to remove the caches that you have marked as "Found" within the unit, you need to upload your Field Notes.

Find the link to Field Notes on your Profile page:

e2c88e7e-0c15-4e90-bc10-2848c501f9eb.png

Click that link and follow the directions for your unit.

Uploading them will remove them from your GPSr.

It also is a very good method for logging your finds. No mistakes after a long day of geocaching and the mind starts to go a little foggy. :rolleyes:

We use them making notes at the cache, upload, then expand those notes into a full blown log and [submit].

That was closer to the answer I was looking for. I had a friend tell me once that there was a way to set it up where as it was putting new pq into the unit that it would remove the "found" ones off of my unit at the same time, so I didn't have to go back and remove the found ones. I'm not familiar with uploading field notes. I did it once last summer for MWGB cuz I was logging over 100 finds. I'd need detailed instructions for that, I'm a visual learner. When I'm making a pq I do select "and I haven't found".

Loading a PQ into your unit may very well overwrite the old PQ (GPX files), but found caches (field notes) are different. They are not overwritten by loading another PQ. They stay in the unit until you either upload the field notes or delete them. Some GPSr units will not allow you to manually delete them.

From the link, select which make GPSr you are using. Once you do that, the upload is nearly much automatic. Then on your Profile Page (at or near the top) a line (another link) appears stating that you have pending field notes. Click to go to them and select to edit or post those you want posted, delete the others -- or of course, you could simple delete them all.