Totally Lost ... Help!

adm831

HI!

Ok, the thought that you can be lost with a GPS is a little unheard of, I know ... but I am really confused and I hope someone can help me!

I have a Montana 600 - I am in Ottawa and for some reason it takes forever to acquire satellites, that's one issue.

Second issue ... maps. I had maps from my PC but I am Mac based now and I am totally lost as to how to transfer them over, can I even do that?

If someone could just put me in the right direction that would be awesome. All I have right now is something that came with it. I went through the manuals that came with it but they are really basic.

Can anyone help ... please???

Thanks!

For acquiring sattelites, it may take a couple minutes...if you are under tree cover it may take even longer, inside a room or building you will most likely not get anything unless you're near a window. On the maps, I would check garmin's website and see what they have to say regarding that.

Jayman11

Shop4Swag.com

Your Complete Geocaching Source!

Join us on Facebook or Google+.

Edited by Jayman11

HI!

Ok, the thought that you can be lost with a GPS is a little unheard of, I know ... but I am really confused and I hope someone can help me!

I have a Montana 600 - I am in Ottawa and for some reason it takes forever to acquire satellites, that's one issue.

Second issue ... maps. I had maps from my PC but I am Mac based now and I am totally lost as to how to transfer them over, can I even do that?

If someone could just put me in the right direction that would be awesome. All I have right now is something that came with it. I went through the manuals that came with it but they are really basic.

Can anyone help ... please???

Thanks!

When a GPSr has moved a great distance (say 500 or 1000 miles) it may take 10 or 20 minutes with a clear view of the sky to figure out its new location. After that it should locate itself pretty quickly (say 30 seconds).

Garmin has a free utility called MapConverter that will convert vector maps on your PC to Mac format.

Edited by seldom_sn