Trying to contact my reviewer

ayrbrain

We put in place a geocache yesterday, then I sent in all the details etc. This morning I have an email back saying they need to check I haven't placed it in a cemetery or a wall (which I haven't). It is in a popular dog walking small wood.

My question is, I have just clicked reply on their email, will this get to them or should I go through a different route, although in saying that I cannot see a different way to contact them other than clicking rely,?

Hope this makes sense? Many thanks

Reviewers dont normally go out in person to a new cache location and check any thing out with their own eyes,

I newer heard that one before.

they most likely use google earth and zoom in, or read carefully what you wrote about the location,

it is right all reviewers just got new guidelines about cemetery and stonewalls are compleetly forbidden !!

so just hit reply and explain in more detail WHERE exactly is the cache placed,

and in your hint, if there is a stonewall near your GZ, make sure seekers do not search there,

write maybe : NOT IN THE STONE WALL

More than likely that email was a copy of the note the reviewer posted on your cache page itself. It was generated automatically by the site. If you reply to that email, your reviewer won't see it.

To reply, you will need to add your own reviewer note to the page. That is done with a log. At the upper right of the page you will see a link "Log your visit". Click that, and select "Post Reviewer Note" as your log type. Answer his concerns in that note, like describing how you have the cache hidden or any permission issue he's asking about, and click submit. Then you wait. If he has further questions, he'll respond with another reviewer note to you. If everything is satisfactory the first round, your cache will probably be published then.

Hope that helps. :)

I think they should get that, also you can go to your cache page and post a reviewer note (use the same dropdown as you do when logging a cache) with the same explaination, that may be better as it will stay on the page history - but won't be visible to anyone else.

Many thanks for your reply.

More than likely that email was a copy of the note the reviewer posted on your cache page itself. It was generated automatically by the site. If you reply to that email, your reviewer won't see it.

To reply, you will need to add your own reviewer note to the page. That is done with a log. At the upper right of the page you will see a link "Log your visit". Click that, and select "Post Reviewer Note" as your log type. Answer his concerns in that note, like describing how you have the cache hidden or any permission issue he's asking about, and click submit. Then you wait. If he has further questions, he'll respond with another reviewer note to you. If everything is satisfactory the first round, your cache will probably be published then.

Hope that helps. :)

I think they should get that, also you can go to your cache page and post a reviewer note (use the same dropdown as you do when logging a cache) with the same explaination, that may be better as it will stay on the page history - but won't be visible to anyone else.

Now posted a reviewers note on the page. Many thanks.

We put in place a geocache yesterday, then I sent in all the details etc. This morning I have an email back saying they need to check I haven't placed it in a cemetery or a wall (which I haven't). It is in a popular dog walking small wood.

My question is, I have just clicked reply on their email, will this get to them or should I go through a different route, although in saying that I cannot see a different way to contact them other than clicking rely,?

The reviewer usually explains how to contact him/her in their communication with you. It's best to follow those instructions.

Help Center → Geocaching → Review Process: Hiding a Geocache

4.5. Working With the Reviewer: communication

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=74

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

I took the liberty of looking at your cache page. The reviewer says, "When you're ready for me to review the cache again either enable it from the cache page (Navigation box on the top right)...or tick the box Enable cache listing. It is ready for review and add any information in the Note to reviewer box at the bottom. This will bring it back to the top of the queue for review."

If this were a cache I'd reviewed, I would not see your reviewer note on a disabled cache.

You need to enable it again, so it shows up in the reviewer's inbox.

Different reviewers prefer different methods of communication with cache owners. Always follow the reviewer's instructions. See this article in the Groundspeak Knowledge Books: https://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=74

Replying directly to a log notification email will not work, as these notificatiosn come from an automated bot address.

In this case, the reviewer posted the following instructions as part of their note on the OP's cache page:

When you're ready for me to review the cache again either enable it from the cache page (Navigation box on the top right) and add any information or questions in the comments box or if you are editing the cache tick the box Enable cache listing. It is ready for review and add any information in the Note to reviewer box at the bottom. This will bring it back to the top of the queue for review.

I took the liberty of looking at your cache page. The reviewer says, "When you're ready for me to review the cache again either enable it from the cache page (Navigation box on the top right)...or tick the box Enable cache listing. It is ready for review and add any information in the Note to reviewer box at the bottom. This will bring it back to the top of the queue for review."

If this were a cache I'd reviewed, I would not see your reviewer note on a disabled cache.

You need to enable it again, so it shows up in the reviewer's inbox.

The devil is in the details. :D

That puts a different spin on things.

4.6. Working with the Reviewer: enable your cache after edits

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=301

B.

This morning I have an email back saying they need to check I haven't placed it in a cemetery or a wall (which I haven't). It is in a popular dog walking small wood.

What does it look like, in google maps? Does your description specify "This cache doesn't require touching stones in the wall, nor going into the cemetary"?

As mentioned, enable your cache, then make a new reviewer note on the cache page. You can post as many photos as you like to give the reviewer a good idea of the location of the hide, and those photos vanish with the reviewer note, upon publishing the cache.

The reviewer usually explains how to contact him/her in their communication with you. It's best to follow those instructions.

4.5. Working With the Reviewer: communication

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=74

B.

Reviewers dont normally go out in person to a new cache location and check any thing out with their own eyes,

they most likely use google earth and zoom in, or read carefully what you wrote about the location,

it is right all reviewers just got new guidelines about cemetery and stonewalls are compleetly forbidden !!

and in your hint, if there is a stonewall near your GZ, make sure seekers do not search there,

Is this true about cemetery caches being completely forbidden?

thats my question as well.

thats my question as well.

Yes, my question as well also. :huh:

I wish I had never bothered trying to place another cache, as I am getting confused. But I think I have now sent it to be reviewed again.

It isn't in a cemetery, I wouldn't do that.

It is in a small popular dog walking wood.

It isn't on or in a wall, again I wouldn't do that.

Fingers crossed they receive it and approve it.

Thanks all

I wish I had never bothered trying to place another cache, as I am getting confused. But I think I have now sent it to be reviewed again.

Thanks all

Nonsense...The best rewards come when we're out of our comfort zone. Hope your cache is great!

In some areas they are very closely scrutinized. I shouldn't have to mention South Carolina :rolleyes:

I just got back from a cross country trip to South Carolina and was very sad that there was no caches in cemeteries. I knew it since I stated caching. I got my cemeteries fix while I was in NC about a dozen time.

However, there is one cache which is a virtual at a grave site and the general area in SC. In a way I was surprised to see the virtual still going. :unsure:

Thanks all

I hope that you don't get too frustrated. I've received a similar query from a reviewer on a cache that I placed. Since reviewers do not go out and visit every location for a new cache submission, they rely on various maps to try to determine if the location is within the guidelines. In my case, when the reviewer looked at the maps, they thought it might be located in a farmers field and wanted to ensure that it was not placed on private property. As soon as I assured him that it was not, he published the listing. If you had posted something in the cache description which told geocachers that it was not in the cemetery or that they should search the wall, I suspect that the cache would have been published right away.

In some area cemetery caches are not allowed, and even in places where they are allowed they should be placed well away from any gravestones. Given the quality of available maps and the accuracy of GPS units, a reviewer just can't tell exactly where a cache has been placed and just wants clarification that it meets the guidelines and local land management policies.

I personally love cemetery caches. For me, it's a time for quiet reflection. But I guess some people aren't that respectful. (I have 2 of my own and I'd love to put out more).

I've done some really nice cemetery caches as well. Some of them have been some of my most memorable finds but I've also seen a few issues.

There was a cache placed a couple of years ago in a small rural cemetery that was apparently a public cemetery but the first few people that looked for it reported that an irate neighbor came out and yelled at them. Even though it was "legal" the CO archived to avoid subjecting any future geocachers to abuse.

In another instance there was a cache placed in a cemetery that was part of a series where one obtains a number from six different caches and uses them to find a final, unknown type cache. Some of the first finders reported that the coordinates were "way off" and I saw lots of evidence of bark pulled off trees and rocks turned over from people trying to find it (I never did). I *did* find a few of the other caches in the series and in two of them the little sheets of paper that had the number needed to find the final were all missing.

There was a cache placed a couple of years ago in a small rural cemetery that was apparently a public cemetery but the first few people that looked for it reported that an irate neighbor came out and yelled at them. Even though it was "legal" the CO archived to avoid subjecting any future geocachers to abuse.
That issue isn't limited to cemeteries though. I've seen a couple caches along public trails archived (despite land manager permission) when irate neighbors decided to repeatedly harass geocachers.