Log a Travel Bug as “Visiting” or have “Visited” a cache…?

desuro

While in San Diego the last time back in Dec I picked up a cool Scout TB, brought it home with the intend to leave it here. Well I got busy and forgot to go drop it somewhere and time is getting tight to get it placed before heading back out west.

What I want to do is log the TB as having Visited a cache here in Maine so as to add the miles to its map but I have had a brain cramp and cannot seem to get to that drop down menu. I know I have done this before.

Can someone please point me to the correct path to log this as Visiting a cache please…?

Do I need to log is as Discovered from the cache where I found it then log it elsewhere…? I’m so confused.

Thanks,

Rob

Visits are accomplished when you file a log entry for the cache. It's down at the bottom of the page under the box where you write up your log entry. Normally you effect the visit at the same time you log your Find, but you can also do it with a Note if a Find is not appropriate.

When you find a traveler and take it with you, you post a Retrieve log on the traveler's page. "Discovered" is only when you see the traveler, but leave it where it is.

Don,

Bingo... That was it. Man, the brain can be a cruel bowl of Jello sometimes. I kept running in circle trying to figure out how I had done that before. Sheesh...

Good to know about the "Discovered" as well, often I will leave a TB if I know I cannot move it due to the travel schedule.

Thanks very much,

Rob