See all of description on Dakota 20

wingryder

When I navigate to a geocache with my Dakota 20 I can only see part of the description. (first page) Is this a result of the gxp file that was downloaded from geocaching.com?? or is there a way to view the rest of the description? The text ends in mid sentence so I know there is more I cannot view. Same is true for viewing logs.. only one screen or front screen?

thanks

wingyder

Thanks to both for your input. Been away from caching for a while and do not know about earthcaches. The gpx file I have been testing with is nearly two years old. Just upgraded to the Dakota 20 mainly for paperless capabilities. Not currently a premium member but will renew and see if fresh gpx files solves the problem. I hope it does.. as displaying only part of the description is not what I was upgrading for. In fact at this point I think the old 76S is the better receiver but I hope that proves to be incorrect.

wingryder

Thanks to both for your input. Been away from caching for a while and do not know about earthcaches. The gpx file I have been testing with is nearly two years old. Just upgraded to the Dakota 20 mainly for paperless capabilities. Not currently a premium member but will renew and see if fresh gpx files solves the problem. I hope it does.. as displaying only part of the description is not what I was upgrading for. In fact at this point I think the old 76S is the better receiver but I hope that proves to be incorrect.

wingryder

Also, be aware that if you load GPX files for a Premium Member, if you have ANY files loaded as a Basic Member Garmins default to only showing information as a Basic Member...

Delete any files loaded as a Basic Member, before adding Premium Member files.