Okay, i'm confused about this one

cesariojpn

Trying to find more of this series of BM's that I don't require asking favors for access to (most are on private property, a few on the land of a "well known celebrity personality"). After redoing the coordinates and using the descriptions, i'm stumped. Is it at street level in the weeds and dirt (public property), or up on the cliff face (private property)?

The datasheet.

The area in question.

Also while i'm at it, this is also giving me a headache. I wanna say it's in that pipe looking thingy behind the rock wall, but I have a suspicion that the wall might've destroyed it.

The datasheet.

The area in question.

Edited by cesariojpn

Trying to find more of this series of BM's that I don't require asking favors for access to (most are on private property, a few on the land of a "well known celebrity personality"). After redoing the coordinates and using the descriptions, i'm stumped. Is it at street level in the weeds and dirt (public property), or up on the cliff face (private property)?

The datasheet.

The area in question.

Also while i'm at it, this is also giving me a headache. I wanna say it's in that pipe looking thingy behind the rock wall, but I have a suspicion that the wall might've destroyed it.

The datasheet.

The area in question.

#1 - given the measurements from the centerlines, I would guess it is on top of the lava flow.

#2 - Probably destroyed. It was across the street from house #3031, between the road and what was a wire fence at the time. I'm guessing that house #3044 was built since the mark was set, and its driveway was put directly on top of the mark. The "extended centerline of the driveway" would have been the centerline of house #3031. It looks like the driveway for #3044 was cut through part of the outcrop.

w 23 1979

w2319791_zpsf36e8d8c.png

I think it will be some where on top of the lava flow. Inside the red circle is where I would look. about five feet east of the cactus. the yellow arrow is pointing at what I assume is the water pipe in the discription which turns to the west at the cactus. The orange arrow is pointing to what could be a construction marker. And the pink arrow could be pointing at a highway right of way marker.

w2319792_zps6f792e57.png

The blue line is the set back for the highway where the intersection ends and the road begins which should be at the edge of the highway right of way which is probably about 50 ft from the center of the highway. Notice that the yellow arrow is pointing at what I assume is the bottom of the water pipe in the discription. I would assume it is on the highway right of way but I could be wrong.