Cachers stealing caches

Below are similar threads to this one, including one I started, that may or may not help put things in perspective.

I think most of us have recognized that there is another part of the story out there. You do not get into this kind of drama without that being the case. I would find it annoying if my "found it" log was deleted on one of the OP's caches because I had removed their travel bug drop note from my cache page earlier. And the OP has acknowledged that their account has been suspended on occasion. The ignore list is probably the appropriate response.

I am not sure what the OP means when they write about being stalked or how they know that any one person is responsible for their missing caches. Obviously, if things have escalated to the point where 200 caches have been taken, there might be a problem that goes beyond the kind of drama that is described in the links above.

I have no idea if there would be anyone in the local community who would want to get involved one way or the other and meet with both parties to try to settle the matter, but think its time for everyone to take a deep breath, step back, and use the ignore list.

I have no idea if there would be anyone in the local community who would want to get involved one way or the other and meet with both parties to try to settle the matter, but think its time for everyone to take a deep breath, step back, and use the ignore list.

I agree, kinda.

Must have been missing out on something...

Since many of the hides are PMO, is there a way to use the ignore list without going on the cache page and ending up on the audit?

- Seems like the problem would continue otherwise and could get worse (and yet another thread...), when every cache is accessed just to ignore it.

Since many of the hides are PMO, is there a way to use the ignore list without going on the cache page and ending up on the audit?

- Seems like the problem would continue otherwise and could get worse (and yet another thread...), when every cache is accessed just to ignore it.

1. In one browser window or tab, do a search of all caches hidden by [Geocaching Account Name]. The GC Code for each cache will appear as part of the search results.

2. In another browser window or tab, open your ignore list from your bookmark lists.

3. At the top right corner of any bookmark list, there is an input field for GC Codes to be added to that bookmark list. Copy each GC Code from the search results into that input field, thereby adding each cache to your ignore list. You've now accomplished your desired goal without visiting a single cache listing page.

Well, it appears that both sides have done plenty that they shouldn't have. Although I think that stealing and stalking is much worse than overreacting to log deletions, and feeding the other side with hyperbole.

Perhaps the OP could work with the land managers of the stalker's caches to get them archived? :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

1. In one browser window or tab, do a search of all caches hidden by [Geocaching Account Name]. The GC Code for each cache will appear as part of the search results.

2. In another browser window or tab, open your ignore list from your bookmark lists.

3. At the top right corner of any bookmark list, there is an input field for GC Codes to be added to that bookmark list. Copy each GC Code from the search results into that input field, thereby adding each cache to your ignore list. You've now accomplished your desired goal without visiting a single cache listing page.

Thank you !

Well, it appears that both sides have done plenty that they shouldn't have. Although I think that stealing and stalking is much worse than overreacting to log deletions, and feeding the other side with hyperbole.

Perhaps the OP could work with the land managers of the stalker's caches to get them archived? :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Heh....I see what you did there

Thanks for posting the links to those other threads, but particularly eye-opening was this one.

My opinion has been turned around completely after reading it.

Sorry to hear that you had to deal with this person, baloo&bud.

B.

Here's another thing he does...If we find a cache he previously DNF'd on, he'll go back to the cache to find it and then when he logs it he'll state that our signature wasn't on the log, basically calling us cheaters, which we are NOT! The following is one of these said logs with identifiable information removed...

"Stopped by with my good luck charm ( insert his son's name here ) to give this one another shot. We were able to track it down today a lot quicker than was spent looking for it last time I was here. Oddly enough, I didn't see any logs dated for ( insert date we found said cache here ) on the scroll... SL. TFTC."

So we asked the CO to ask this loon to edit out the slanderous lie comment about us and the CO told us to ask him ourselves. Well, we know better than to do that because THE ONE AND ONLY TIME we contacted the nut and asked him to leave us alone, HE reported US, said we were harassing him and WE got suspended! LOL

So ya, this is just another thing he's been doing on top of everything else for 6 years.

As for the other guy who's posting links, we made our mistakes, YEARS AGO and most of them were us attempting to defend ourselves only to get in trouble or suspended. We paid for our mistakes and now we just want to be left alone. Don't listen to everything you hear because anyone who posts 5-6 year old links doesn't have anything else to point you towards to make us look bad. Those are the ones who, they themselves have their own personal agenda and who are also guilty of the same behaviors as the person in question.

In closing, we have received numerous emails of support since our most recent posts on this thread and one email in particular really opened our eyes to a lot of things and how they work.

Thanks for the replies. The good advice and the bad advice. As far as we're concerned, this thread is dead to us. You all can keep it going. Say what you wish. We're done here. We're moving forward.....onward and upward to more positive and constructive endeavors!

MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE :)

As far as we're concerned, this thread is dead to us. You all can keep it going. Say what you wish. We're done here.

Hooray. Now I can close this without cries of censorship. You are not the first person to say that the thread needs to die. Please don't start other threads of this nature in the future, as they serve very little productive purposes.