Adding your Geocaching.com statistics to your Waymarking profile

Excuse me if someone has already posted a How To on this before. But folks may not be aware that they can include their Geocaching.com statistics on their Waymarking.com profile -- or on any web page, for that matter.

The "Stat Bar" is actually a "dynamic image" that gets your statistics and constructs the image when the browser goes to show it.

1. On the main Geocaching.com page, click on Your Profile. You do not have to choose something from the drop-down. Just clicking on Your Profile itself will bring up a suitable view.
  2. Scroll down whilst watching the selections on the right. You'll see a section called Account Options, and under it a link that says View Your Stat Bar.
    Click the View Your Stat Bar link.
  3. Now you have some options. You can choose the usual Groundspeak Geocaching logo, or Signal (the Frog).
  4. You can choose some words to put at the bottom of the Stat Bar image - the default being Let's Go Geocaching!
    (Depending on the context, I sometimes use: See geocaching.com)
  5. Click the Generate Stat Bar button.
  6. Preview the Stat Bar image to make sure it looks like you want. (No you can't cheat and change your numbers! :rolleyes: ) If it isn't (apart from the numbers!), then make whatever change to the above options and click the Generate Stat Bar button again, ad nauseum.
  7. The text in the text box below the Stat Bar is HTML code to not only display your Stat Bar image, but also provide a link to your geocaching.com profile to the viewer, if they click on the image itself.
  8. Select the entire text in the text box below the Stat Bar and paste it into anything that recognizes HTML, such as your Waymarking.com profile, or any page on your own web site.

That's all there is to it! I include my geocaching.com stats in my Waymarking.com profile and vice versa, and I include both of these on the Hobbies page of my family web site.

Edited by MountainWoods