Garmin Oregon 450

when I try to go to a geocache and I go to compass it shows me a screen that has 2 compasses on it. One large one about the size of a silver dollar and one a little less than the size of a dime. It gives me the name of the cache at the top and the distance from the cach. What is the purpose of the two different size compasses , which one leads me to the cache and what is the other one pointing to ??

Cacheoholic is a little off on his presumptions. You are no doubt using a Garmin and have the dashboard set to caching. This is normal behavior as the little one shows the direction to the nearest cache which is not always the one you are going to. Try setting your GPS to find a cache a few places lower on the find geocaches screen. You will then see that they point in different directions.

I will go ovefr it again. If you set the dashboard for geocaching and go to the compass screen that is exactly what you will see. Somehow that is where he is. If he wants to change it just use setup (or on the Montana right from the compass screen) and change it.

Just because something hasn't been seen doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Double post?

I always get confused with this myself....(and still do).

One of them (arrow/compass) is for the geocache you are GOING to..... and the other is for the CLOSEST to you.

(I think my husband got rid of this on the dashboard/too confusing....but I think it's helpful when on the trails to see the closest cache to you).