Routing

Panther&Pine

Short trips (30-50 miles): I pick a cache in the area, upload my GPX files, and Gupy will get me there.

Long trips: Google Maps to get me where I want to go. Adjust for caches I want to find along the way (such as Second Mass, First Canada). Run a PQ for that area. Adjust for a better route. (Sorry. From NJ, going to New England or the Maritimes, I do NOT go across the GWB!!! Never!! Adjust route for the Chimpanzee Brige! (Okay. Some people think it's the Tappan Zee, but...) )

Where are we going? Earthcaching Event near Portland, Me. Visiting my sister in Bath, Me. Then off to NB, PEI, NS, and a plane ride to NL.

PQs for Bath, Portland, St John's, Fredericton, Halifax, &c. Bookmark list for caches I want to find along the way.

I have not found any use for 'caches along a route'. Just does not work for me. Certainly would not work for the eight-hour drive from NWNJ to Bath, Maine. Yup, the bookmark list can take some work. But I am not interested in every cache within five miles of the Interstate. Oh, well.

Go to your profile, Pocket queries, find caches along a route and input your route, distance from the route and type of caches.

Not that kind of routing in this case, that one I know how to do.

I'm thinking more along the lines of something that you put points into and it places them onto a street map (I already use GoogleEarth for the pushpin type map).

Rather like this one.

It depends on what you mean by Geocaching Trips. If it's a long trip from point A to B, I'll use the CAAR to get the caches.

However I get the caches, at some point I'll put then in GSAK and then export them to Google Maps using the Google_Map_V3.gsk macro. I can then click on each cache in order and on the popup, click on one of the interactive controls which updates the User Sort number in GSAK consecutively. I can then sort by that number and print the list, append that number to the beginning of the cache name so the GPS sorts them in order, or any number of other things.

Edited by Don_J