Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wyzyrd

Rochester, NY area hams/geocachers

Any hams/cachers like to meet up on a local repeater to ragchew. Seems like a good oportunity to meet others of like interest. Maybe make some cache plans.

Just passed my Tech on Saturday. Call sign should be posted by the end of the week. I'll re-post when I get it. icon_wink.gif

"Gimpy"

several of us Xerox hams are into geocaching. A good time to catch them on the air is wed. at lunch time on 145.29 repeater.

N2JAC

Wyz, there might not be enough of us here to reach 'crtical mass'. I run the local echolink on 145.29, maybe you could get a worldwide geocaching net going. thursday eve doesn't have any big nets scheduled yet.

N2JAC

N2JAC web page

Hi,

KB2DNL here very new to this! But will try ang the xly to buy me a GPS for Christmas maybe I'll be newbie soon.

73'

Don

Better watch out... I may get blamed for coining a new phrase.

Well, John. I don't know too much about being the NCO for a new net here in the area. I just got to NY not too long ago. Only 2 meter rig in service at this time is a HT. I have a 706, but don't have an antenna for 2 up yet. I was lucky to get some wires up for HF (barely breezed that one by the XYL zoning board) icon_rolleyes.gif. The computer is on a dial-up account, so there goes running it from the internet icon_frown.gif.

Things are shaky being new here... so best to pass by me on that one. Better to favor someone who is more stable in terms of knowing what's up from one minit to the next. Wouldn't want to get something going, then have to let it go cuz I'm not able to devote the time to the care and feeding of that kind of undertaking. I'de be more than happy to participate as the situation allows though. icon_smile.gif

Maybe a rotating NCO sked would work. At this stage of the game, I think that dicussing a time for an informal roundtable would be the best thing... just to feel out what kind of interest is there... dontcha think?

name a time and channel and I'll try to be there. And a 2 meter HT or computer with dialup is all you need to go worldwide. Checkout my web page at N2JAC

If anyone outside Rochester wants to participate, find out what repeater in your area runs echolink and I'll conference you in.

JD

Echolink is very nice. Amazing the number of places throughout the world you have access to. I'm on there as my call sign, KC2KNI. Node 59090. Really a nice set-up. icon_smile.gif

"Gimpy"

Never gave you the large fanfare yet, so I'll do it online. ***CONGRATS!!!*** Really glad you got all hooked up, finally. The sky's the limit now.... literally! Too bad you work those "off" hours. But, once you get the general, there'll be plenty of stuff on the lowbands during your time at home. In fact, this time of year, the lowbands are really choice. Of course, I seem to remember when I had to go in on a really early shift, that 17 meters was pretty rewarding in the wee hours of the morning, as well. You'll find those Europeans just after their breakfast, just starting their day. Anyway... good job, welcome to the ham fraternity. Any way I can help, just let me know!