4th day community?

niverson92

Just wondering if any of my fellow geocachers are a part of any 4th day communities? (Chrysalis, Emmaus, Kairos, Ect)

If you are I would love to know who you are and what number you walked and your community.

I am Nick, I walked on NCA C-74, and I sat at the table of "only on Chrysalis"

Edited by hippietwinkie

Just wondering if any of my fellow geocachers are a part of any 4th day communities? (Chrysalis, Emmaus, Kairos, Ect)

If you are I would love to know who you are and what number you walked and your community.

Same post, different international community. :D

Silly me, but I don't see the connection with geocaching!

Or is it that if you ask if any geocachers are into XYZ, then it's a geocaching topic?!

Who's into S&M?

Sausages and muffins. I like McDonald's ones before hitting the caches.

Sausages and muffins, take out the overcooked egg and I'm with you...

I never get the egg, maybe I'm chicken.

Since you seem to be proud of this, I'm happy for you! :)

But I have no idea what you are talking about. :unsure:

I too will pass on the egg McRubber, thanks...

Never heard of it before this post. But since I imagine more geocaching gets done during these sorts of retreats than during Masonic rites, it's as least as relevant as the Masonic thread.

The Army gives us 3- or 4-day weekends from time to time, and I tend to do a lot of geocaching on those; I've got a trip planned to the Gulf Coast for MLK Jr. Day. But I digress.

Since you seem to be proud of this, I'm happy for you! :)

But I have no idea what you are talking about. :unsure:

I too will pass on the egg McRubber, thanks...

I've heard of The Emmaus communities and Kairos communities and try to support local ones. i see no connection with geocaching and have no idea what the rest of your post means.

Not me I'm Roman Catholic but unless they walked to a cache it might be better to discuss in off-topic.

Well seeing as this thread was posted in this forum I figured my post would be fine :)

That group is also not so much a religious group, but more of a social group.

This seems to be some form of religious community-and therefore should be in OT-IMO

The Freemasons are more of a social club. Not exactly but its a comparison. As I understand it Freemasons have to believe in some form of supreme being IE God-or other religious equivilents. Aside from that any talk of religion and politics is discouraged.

Perhaps the OP could enlighten us as to what this is.

Not me I'm Roman Catholic but unless they walked to a cache it might be better to discuss in off-topic.

Well seeing as this thread was posted in this forum I figured my post would be fine :)

That group is also not so much a religious group, but more of a social group.

This seems to be some form of religious community-and therefore should be in OT-IMO

The Freemasons are more of a social club. Not exactly but its a comparison. As I understand it Freemasons have to believe in some form of supreme being IE God-or other religious equivilents. Aside from that any talk of religion and politics is discouraged.

I was (and still am) shocked at the number of responses to the Mason's thread. I was once a member of the B.P.O. Elks (I suppose I am one for life, although the membership lapsed like 12 years ago), and myself and the two other guys I joined with were the only members under 65. We did it as a favor to the one guy's father-in-law. Plus they had cheap beer. :P I'd suspect I'd get like zero responses if I started an "Any Elk Geocachers?" thread.

No, I've most certainly not heard of 4th day community, and even Google doesn't yield too much information.

I appreciate everyone's responses and I respect your opinions. In brief anyone who has walked on (attended) any of the aforementioned retreats are a part of the 4th day community. The weekends (as already mentioned) are Christian retreats that basically offer a "crash course" in Christianity.

The 4th day community started with the Walk to Emmaus movement in the 60s and 70s. here is a link with more detailed history.

All that being said, I am not trying to convert anyone or shove this down your throat, just answering questions that where asked. If you do have serious questions you can PM me and I'd be glad to answer them.

Back to geocaching, while the retreats don't offer the chance to geocache while attending, they are normally held in pretty scenic areas containing geocaches like, 4-H centers, summer camps, and church retreats.

Just wanted to see if anyone who shares my favorite hobby was also part of one of my favorite communities :)

I appreciate everyone's responses and I respect your opinions. In brief anyone who has walked on (attended) any of the aforementioned retreats are a part of the 4th day community. The weekends (as already mentioned) are Christian retreats that basically offer a "crash course" in Christianity.

The 4th day community started with the Walk to Emmaus movement in the 60s and 70s. here is a link with more detailed history.

All that being said, I am not trying to convert anyone or shove this down your throat, just answering questions that where asked. If you do have serious questions you can PM me and I'd be glad to answer them.

Back to geocaching, while the retreats don't offer the chance to geocache while attending, they are normally held in pretty scenic areas containing geocaches like, 4-H centers, summer camps, and church retreats.

Just wanted to see if anyone who shares my favorite hobby was also part of one of my favorite communities :)

Try the forums here: geocachers4christ.com/ I know I guy who puts their logo on his cache pages, although I don't know if he's an officer or anything; the officer's are not named on the website. Moderately active, as many regional, or "specialty" Geocaching organizations can be. I see the last forum activity was in December.

No, I've most certainly not heard of 4th day community, and even Google doesn't yield too much information.

That's because the Wikipedia article is on the Three day movement. Apparently the term 4th day community is a less common term for alumni of these 3-day retreats. I take it that the idea is you can't learn everything about Christianity in 3 days so you are expected to continue learning after you've attended as if it was a 4th day. It seems those who attended an event, now continue learning from each other.

Nice idea and not much different than geocaching where after 3 days of geocaching you are an expert and can post in the forums telling everyone how geocaching should be done. :ph34r: