Dr Who Connections and Props

How would people feel about a category for all props and locations for the modern and old series of series of dr who, the British scifi show that has a massive international following.

a bit from wikipedia:-

"Doctor Who is a British science fiction television programme produced by the BBC. The programme depicts the adventures of a Time Lord—a time travelling, humanoid alien known as the Doctor. He explores the universe in his 'TARDIS', a sentient, telepathic time-and-space-travel machine that flies through the time vortex. Its exterior appears as a blue British police box, a common sight in Britain in 1963, when the series first aired. Along with a succession of companions, the Doctor faces a variety of foes while working to save civilisations, help ordinary people, and right wrongs."

Mulling over using the locations of props, official to the series, for example a darlek, or a cyberman suit etc... in location on perminent display, along with locations that have been used in the series.

Also considering allowing torchwood locations to be included as it is part of the Dr Who universe.

Ideas?

I'm located in Germany and of course I know Dr. Who. So do most of my friends, a lot of which would fall into the category of 'cult followers'.

So, lumbricus, I'm afraid you're wrong here. You'd be surprised how many Germans know every episode of Dr. who by heart.

Of course with it being a Britsh series, it's better known in the UK, but I guess that's natural.

Oh, and David Tennant was by far the best Doctor so far *flame war started*

Edited by MarkKer

Well, I have some doubts about this type of category, although there are a few similar ones.

First, is this confined just to sites in the UK?

Second, although this show does have a cult following, does it have enough general interest to make a good Waymarking category? Is there room for these niche categories with appeal to a small group?

Third, can these potential waymarks be clearly identified and associated with specific geographic coordinates?

I think this idea has some merit, but these are questions that need to be answered.

Well, I have some doubts about this type of category, although there are a few similar ones.

First, is this confined just to sites in the UK?

-simply no. Half of the new series was filmed in the US, and Torchwood (as I stated spin offs should be included as they are part of the DR WHO universe should of course be included)

Second, although this show does have a cult following, does it have enough general interest to make a good Waymarking category? Is there room for these niche categories with appeal to a small group?

-again good point, hence the discussion here, some links to sites can be found here;- http://www.doctorwholocations.net/

Third, can these potential waymarks be clearly identified and associated with specific geographic coordinates?

Locations of filming, places included in specific plot situations in episodes, props on perminent display. There was a museam in Llangollen until 2000 that had half a dozen darleks on display, shame its gone now.

I think this idea has some merit, but these are questions that need to be answered.

-very glad you asked them, all part of the refining process.

I would consider including spin-offs. Torchwood had episodes set in Washington DC and California

As mentioned the spin off would be included, including The Sarah Jane adventures and Torchwood, inc Children of Earth and Miracle day (the BBC and USA joint adventure), its all part of the same univers so all should be included.

p.s - no alien coordinates will be accepted without pictures of the location ;-)