Bring back Release Notes / more communication

java.lang

I really liked to read through the release notes pages every time Groundspeak made some changes, since this gave a great overview what changed, what was added and what has been removed. Somehow I really miss this, and the latest (re)introduction of the "View Gallery" link in the upper right plus the ability to flip through pics in the gallery is just one example of functionality I would like to read about.

How are we supposed to know this functionality has been added, without anyone telling us so, or even marking the respective feature-requests as [DONE], [iMPLEMENTED] or whatever?

I guess this request here can be generalized even more and formulated as:

Groundspeak: please communicate with your (paying) customers and tell them what you are doing.

This improved communication should include:

- Acknowledge bugreports, update their status, post an estimate when a fix will be in place, update the status again once it is fixed.

- Give us more feedback on the suggestions we make here. Tell us whether they will be considered, if they are to be expected sooner or later, or dropped completely.

- [...]

The key aspect here is communication. I think this is crucial, and the lack of communication we are seeing here leads to a lot of disappointment and frustration. I guess I'm not the only one thinking along these lines...

These items, and others, were outlined in yesterday's "Release Notes" thread:

Of course - after a few months without them I didn't check that forum anymore. - dadgum ;)

Still my original request holds - I just change it to:

Post release notes regularly and communicate with your customers...

Edited by java.lang
These items, and others, were outlined in yesterday's "Release Notes" thread:

Of course - after a few months without them I didn't check that forum anymore. - dadgum ;)

Still my original request holds - I just change it to:

Post release notes regularly and communicate with your customers...

I became aware of the changes via an email message. I don't recall who the "sender" was but it appeared to be a copy of what was posted to the release notes forum (it even included the first comment). You *can* put a watch on a Forum, and get a notification when a new topic is created (which should actually work well for the Release notes forum as new topics are only created when there is a release note posted).

You're certainly not the only one that would like to see better communication about releases notes, including more detail related to bug fixes. It's bad enough that GS no longer responds to feature requests in this forum section. There are a lot of suggestions that have a lot of support but nobody has any idea if it's something that GS might even consider doing. If there is a feature suggestion that GS has no intention of ever considering it would be nice to know that so people don't waste time discussing the topic. Likewise, if there is a feature suggestion which GS thinks may have some merit, it would be nice to know that as well so that we can discuss and refine the suggestion.