Multi distance limits?

I have an idea for a cache but it may involve small amount of driving. Not far...if I calculated correctly from start to finish it totals about 5 miles. The furthest distance between any of the waypoints is about 1.5 miles, is this too far? This isn't in the wilderness it is in the burbs and if wanted one could do the whole thing walking, whole way can be accessed by sidewalks if they want. I haven't been able to find any officials rules but I haven't been able to find any multi that is like the one I have in mind. So I feel like I may be missing something.

I did a 2-part multi with the start & end 20 miles apart.

And a 10-part (or thereabouts) multi which ended up being a 15 mile round trip by bike (and not easily completed by driving from access point to access point for the bike trail.

I have even heard of a multi with the 2 stages being over 1000 miles apart.

There is no distance limit for multi-caches, but I'd suggest that those that involve lots of effort should offer geocachers better reasons for doing them. When I attempt a longer multi-cache, I generally like to see some sort of theme running through the various stages.

Here's a 16-stage multi that requires about 380 kilometres of driving on mostly rural roads. It has been found 18 times in 20 months and has 9 favorite points.

If one point was near by my home coords and the other was near a location that I travelled to on a regular basis I would consider it. Otherwise not very likely.

Well, it depends on whether the other was somewhere interesting. That might induce me to visit even though I otherwise never would have. Which would probably have been the point.

Has anyone done the multi that goes from one side of the Alps to the other? I don't think that's 1000 miles, but it's a fer piece. And you actually have to hike it in order to collect the required info to find the final.