Your Geocoin Mileage, 2012 edition

Fiery Searcher

Inspired by Shilo's 2009 thread, but edited to reflect 2012:

Just about 6 years ago, kealia started a thread for us to track the distance traveled of our coins released in 2006. 4 years ago, chaosmanor started the 2007 edition, Shilo revived threads for 2008 and 2009, and Penny and Kona tried to keep the momentum for 2010 and 2011. Seems like it's time to do the same for geocoins released in 2012. No prizes, just a little ego-boost and some bragging rights. The same rules apply as from kealia's thread; they were pretty good then, so I'm quoting Shilo quoting kealia verbatim, with only the year info, the thing about "bolding" and Rule #6 added:

Simple guidelines for listing your coin here:

1) List recent coins only (RELEASED this year: 2012 only)

2) No more than 2 coins per geocacher (so one person doesn't monopolize the page)

3) List the release date and mileage

4) When you add yours, just copy the list and insert your coin

4a . sort by mileage with the most at the top

4b . feel free to BOLD your coins so that we all can see them easily

5) Rinse and repeat

6) BTW: Personal tracking coins (those kept by the owner as a record of caches found) are not eligible. We're looking for coins that you have let go and no longer have any real control over.

The main idea here is to have fun!

I'll start:

For Those About To Cache (Penny and Kona) - 10 miles - TB41KYP

Edited by Penny and Kona

2011 or 2012 or ... :yikes:

The 'starting coin' was released in 2011 but not placed til 2012.

HMmmm ... <_<

In an earlier year, 2009 maybe, I had a coin that was ACTIVATED in 2008 but not placed in a geocache until 2009. That turned out to be one of my two with the highest mileage. Activation and placement are two different things, and if we're tracking miles, I think whenever it was placed is most important.

Just my opinion!

2011 or 2012 or ... :yikes:

The 'starting coin' was released in 2011 but not placed til 2012.

HMmmm ... <_<

In an earlier year, 2009 maybe, I had a coin that was ACTIVATED in 2008 but not placed in a geocache until 2009. That turned out to be one of my two with the highest mileage. Activation and placement are two different things, and if we're tracking miles, I think whenever it was placed is most important.

Just my opinion!

No problem either way. I only asked because 'your' guideline #3 reads:

"3) List the release date and mileage"

When you view trackable pages, right below 'owner' is 'release date'. The original 'placed' date is somewhere WAY back in the history logs.

I really don't mind or care either way, just asking for clarification since errors do occur and didn't want to make one.

Thanks

My Scouts completed their Geocaching merit badges this year, and one of the requirements they can use towards completion of the badge is to release and track a travel bug. Two of the Scout's TBs racked up some impressive mileage. Spooky 4 set free a Geoproxy travel tag that has gone over 5,000 miles so far, while his friend ThornMagnet's bug has gone over 15,000 miles in about 6 months!

Widmowy Król / The Ghostly King (Murazor) - 45915km / 28531mi - TB50AJM

Mr. Awesome - A Scout Travel Bug (ThornMagnet) - 15,783.7 miles - TB54795

Smurf´s Hope Coin - 10964Miles/17644.9km - TB41GM1

DNF Duo - Super Cacher - 10,889.2 - TB2B968

#41 - A Boy Scout Travel Bug (Six Little Spookies) - 5199.8 miles - TB4VXXV

For Those About To Cache (Penny and Kona) - 10 miles - TB41KYP