Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zoraima

Any Ham Cachers in MA?

Hi All!

I'm relatively new to geocaching and definitely new to Ham radio--just got my amateur license in April. (My husband's been a ham for years, and I didn't want to be a ham widow icon_wink.gif )

In any event, I'm wondering if there are any ham operators around Massachusetts and if you all meet up on the radio or anything at any time? I'd love to get on and talk with other hams about the sport and get some on air experience.

Thanks!

Susan/Zoraima

I sorta kinda count in that I'm a licensed ham and a geocacher, but I haven't turned my radio on in about 10 years and when I tried last evening it turned out to be dead. I'm going to have to get a new one...

I was mostly active as a ham in NJ before I moved to MA. I love it here in MA, but the ham community just isn't what it was in NJ. We had lots of fun in NJ. In MA it was all about volunteering and service and guilt, and I just didn't enjoy it. Time for me to get a new HT and see if it's more fun now.

Drop me a note if you'd like to chat online sometime...