Coolest Puzzles

Hey

I search out cool puzzles to solve for when I travel. I solved this one but haven't found it yet

GC1BVZ2

That is the MOST FUN I have ever had solving a puzzle! Please share the ones are creative and that you had a great time solving.

Thanks for that link, so far I have the first two done... but likely will never get to look for it.

You might like On the Borderline up in Michigan... maybe not!

I think the cache page alone is worth checking out. Read the early logs as well, a fun puzzle, I guess it was easy if you are in the right mood, miserable if not. Can't speak about the finding part, since it is removed from me by distance and a border. But the ones who have enjoyed the whole process or so they say!

Doug 7rxc

I don't care how many favorite points it has, if every single log is encrypted, 1) it's no fun to read the stories, and 2) it's no fun to write a story if -shazam- it's going to be encrypted too.

one can read them, I just read the shortest one, which admittedly was not too exciting, but at least better than TFTC.

"Oh lord...great hike but made it a 5terrain real guick...awesome location...thanks for bringing us here....found with cache cracker jacks..dropped TB...sl tfth"

In Washington, there are many cool puzzles, I even like one of mine, but this is the one that is talked about a lot...

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=50fff323-2659-4e06-bd04-41ad9abf230c

However, its a field puzzle for a lot of it, so you could not do it at home entirely.

Lets see, what would be the coolest one I have done that you can stay at home (that is not archived)...

I guess I would choose this one, The Games We Play. Basically almost any puzzle by PhilNi.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=aa514064-08e1-4ec5-8ac9-f4e8cdc2db32

I don't care how many favorite points it has, if every single log is encrypted, 1) it's no fun to read the stories, and 2) it's no fun to write a story if -shazam- it's going to be encrypted too.

Yeah! It's soooo hard to click that button to decrypt it all, not that I have yet... but will once I solve it or give up. :rolleyes:

Two complete after 10 minutes or so. ?? to go! If only these fun ones were not so far away.

Doug 7rxc

Yeah, that's ridiculous. There's no need to encrypt logs that don't give anything away. For example:

After two days of staring at this screen and scratching my head, I finally solved this addictive puzzle today and went after the cache. The puzzle was awesome and the container was just as good. Thanks for the great adventure and for teaching me a little about puzzles.

or

Finally solved this, albeit remotely. Now I have to find time to drive two states away to actually look for it. This one was pretty challenging and super fun. Thank you for the effort and time you put into it. It really twisted my brain.

-Sarge

Why exactly do these need to be encrypted?

If they're worried about the puzzle being spoiled, they should invest their time elsewhere. They've completely overlooked a different way a puzzle can be spoiled.

Well, one reason would be to make it harder for people to find the really interesting (spoiler) logs. If only the spoiler logs are encrypted, then they're easy to find. If every log is encrypted, then you have to search to find the spoiler logs.

It's similar in principle to someone shredding all their waste paper, instead of shredding only confidential documents. For someone looking for the important information, there's more irrelevant material to sort through.

Well, one reason would be to make it harder for people to find the really interesting (spoiler) logs. If only the spoiler logs are encrypted, then they're easy to find. If every log is encrypted, then you have to search to find the spoiler logs.

It's similar in principle to someone shredding all their waste paper, instead of shredding only confidential documents. For someone looking for the important information, there's more irrelevant material to sort through.

(Cache owner here.)

I just want to say, nirAD, I LOVE that answer! The truth is: it just started as a way to build intrigue during the first week. After finders started encrypting their own logs, we kept at it for consistency. It's easy enough to decrypt them all with a single click (immediately above the logs). I can see why it would be annoying in this venue (but hey, it just takes a click right?). It was never about spoilers. There are plenty of spoilers out there and you are welcome to them.

Please feel free to talk freely. I just wanted to chime in since someone out there may genuinely be interested in the reasoning.

To be honest, I didn't even pay attention to the logs. The puzzle itself just kinda draws you in. That really says something!

Thank you for the words. I recognized that GC code before I even clicked the link. Please let us know if you are ever in the area. A guided trip may not be out of the question.

Also, let me add one to your list:

(honestly, I've never been able to completely solve it but I have invested more time and had more fun with this than I will ever tell)

Amnon's Code

http://coord.info/GC1J0YR

(Cache owner here.)

I just want to say, nirAD, I LOVE that answer! The truth is: it just started as a way to build intrigue during the first week. After finders started encrypting their own logs, we kept at it for consistency. It's easy enough to decrypt them all with a single click (immediately above the logs). I can see why it would be annoying in this venue (but hey, it just takes a click right?). It was never about spoilers. There are plenty of spoilers out there and you are welcome to them.

Please feel free to talk freely. I just wanted to chime in since someone out there may genuinely be interested in the reasoning.

And in appreciation of such a fine puzzle(s) and awesome location, one of the guys in my party actually further encrypted his log so that the CO could play along, too.

It was a fun, fun puzzle and find. One of my faves so far!

As I live in the UK, that chances that I ever come to find this cache are slim to none, but I still want to try to solve the puzzle. Except once I got past the first couple of helper puzzles I am stumped. I don't know if that is because I'm over analysing it, it's US-centric or I'm just having a dumb day. I've played several of these types of puzzles on the net before without getting stuck so early on. Might have to go sleep on it.

Looking forward to virtually solving this one... Thanks for the puzzle

Hey

I search out cool puzzles to solve for when I travel. I solved this one but haven't found it yet

GC1BVZ2

That is the MOST FUN I have ever had solving a puzzle! Please share the ones are creative and that you had a great time solving.

Thanks for sharing the link to this unique puzzle cache! Spent a few hours today trying to solve this one (with a few good nudges from Clarinetqueen) I finished it! Yeah! :anibad: Now if only I wasn't 1100 miles away I would definitely go after it! Great fun on a rainy day!

Hey

GC1BVZ2

Thanks for sharing the link to this unique puzzle cache! Spent a few hours today trying to solve this one (with a few good nudges from Clarinetqueen) I finished it! Yeah! :anibad: Now if only I wasn't 1100 miles away I would definitely go after it! Great fun on a rainy day!

If it only took a few hours to solve, unless the actual hide is very difficult, the 4.5 Difficulty rating is probably too high. A 4.5D puzzle should probably take a few days to solve rather than a few hours.