Parking Lot cache permission

I am considering hiding a cache in a specific parking lot in Seminole County, Florida. The address of the parking lot is 5655 Red Bug Lake Road, Winter Springs, FL. The main store in that lot is a Publix, however it is shared by other businesses, such as RadioShack. Since I wasn't sure who the parking lot was owned by, I looked it up at the Seminole County Property Appraiser's Parcel Map, which is located at http://scpaweb.scpafl.org/v3/ .

When I looked up the property, it said it was owned by "US REGENCY RETAIL I LLC C/O PROPERTY TAX DEPARTMENT". This doesn't look like it should be who to ask for cache permissions.

Can anyone find out who to contact for cache placement permission in this specific parking lot?

I am considering hiding a cache in a specific parking lot in Seminole County, Florida. The address of the parking lot is 5655 Red Bug Lake Road, Winter Springs, FL. The main store in that lot is a Publix, however it is shared by other businesses, such as RadioShack. Since I wasn't sure who the parking lot was owned by, I looked it up at the Seminole County Property Appraiser's Parcel Map, which is located at http://scpaweb.scpafl.org/v3/ .

When I looked up the property, it said it was owned by "US REGENCY RETAIL I LLC C/O PROPERTY TAX DEPARTMENT". This doesn't look like it should be who to ask for cache permissions.

Can anyone find out who to contact for cache placement permission in this specific parking lot?

OK, I'm a guy who has railed against parking lot micros ever since the first turd showed up in my area in late 2004. And I was all like "this is private property, we can't play this game there". We all know darn well 99%+ of them are placed without permission. I admire you for looking into the permission issue.

Good research, that would most certainly be the property owner. Some would say you would need permission from only the manager of Publix, or the store it is closest to in the plaza. Some would say you should have permission from the LLC that owns the whole plaza. It really is quite the grey area, even coming from the perspective of someone who thinks there should be permission for every parking lot hide. Just because you have permission from the plaza owner, doesn't mean an employee of Radio Shack isn't going to call the police for "suspicious activity" in the parking lot. There are many examples of not everyone knowing about a cache, even if it were placed with permission.

>isn't going to call the police for "suspicious activity

This apply to ANYWHERE at all..

it is (almost) impossible to find a spot where NO prople, work, live, go, exist,

and put your cache there, so finders can seek undisturbed and not draw attention to them self.

on the other hand, main entrance to local super marked may be asking for trouble.

We do enjoy the play-invisible part of the game, it is something you can get good at

and have alot of fun doing.

The parking lot is worth visiting becoise there will be cache to find. Some of you may not like this but caching is to me about finding the cache.if it takes me to a cool place great if not I still love the hunt. If its p@g or a hike its all caching to me.

I almost thought this was the OP responding. :lol: Yeah, there's some grumpy people around here, "old schoolers" if you will (guilty as charged), but you are in the Geocaching mainstream Joe, not us. It's all caching, to most people. Unfortunately, of course. :laughing:

>isn't going to call the police for "suspicious activity

This apply to ANYWHERE at all..

it is (almost) impossible to find a spot where NO prople, work, live, go, exist,

and put your cache there, so finders can seek undisturbed and not draw attention to them self.

on the other hand, main entrance to local super marked may be asking for trouble.

We do enjoy the play-invisible part of the game, it is something you can get good at

and have alot of fun doing.

That was me going off on a little tangent, sorry. My point was, many a cache has been blown up despite permission. Not everyone who may see a Geocacher knows about the cache. In the Erie, Pa. area alone, a cache was blown up outside a Police Station that had permission from the Chief of Police, and a Wal-Mart parking lot cache that had permission from the store manager met a similar fate. I'm not from there, I just know about them.

The parking lot is worth visiting becoise there will be cache to find. Some of you may not like this but caching is to me about finding the cache.if it takes me to a cool place great if not I still love the hunt. If its p@g or a hike its all caching to me.

Pretty much how I feel....I would put it in a far corner or as far from the stores as possible....don't place a cache where searchers will have to walk in landscaping to find it.... make a note in the cache description ( although few read such things ) to not step in to landscaping.

Pretty much how I feel....I would put it in a far corner or as far from the stores as possible....don't place a cache where searchers will have to walk in landscaping to find it.... make a note in the cache description ( although few read such things ) to not step in to landscaping.

And don't place it behind the business either, where a cacher would be looking around loading bays and such. I personally hate caches like this.

A Google search of the company name ultimately lead to a contact page for the leasing agent:

http://www.regencyce...prings?x=17&y=5

So are you saying I should contact the agent Cary Anderson?

Leasing Agent: Cary Anderson

I doubt that the leasing agent will be able to give permission. That will be somebody who's job it is to handle leases. But that person may be able to direct you to somebody. The difficulty in an organization like that will be one of finding somebody with enough authority to actually give permission that is willing to stick their neck out by doing so. Best of luck, but I doubt it will happen unless that is a very small company.

ABSOLUTELY!

If that is the maximum level of your creativity, why not?

I find them all the time myself, good for keeping the streak going (or bumping the numbers)...but not much else.

Your best bet would be to hide a nano. It won't stop geocachers from acting suspicious, but there won't be much of an object for anyone such as the bomb squad, to get alarmed about.

It's also possible that after a lengthy process you may be denied permission, and then a month later someone else hides a cache there.

Edited by 4wheelin_fool

And don't place it behind the business either, where a cacher would be looking around loading bays and such. I personally hate caches like this.

I have one of those in my town right now. Right behind a WalMart that I have a feeling no permission was ever received to place it there. I am starting to wonder if the cache approval system has broken down based on how many "rule breaking" caches are out there now. Caches are just being thrown out there to have one in an area. Stealth should only be an option to avoid being seen by muggles, not avoid being seen by security or business owners. I shouldn't have to feel criminal when I am looking for a cache.

Right behind a WalMart that I have a feeling no permission was ever received to place it there. I am starting to wonder if the cache approval system has broken down based on how many "rule breaking" caches are out there now.I shouldn't have to feel criminal when I am looking for a cache.

We assume LPCs have no permission and therefore stopped grabbing them. If GZ is at a place where, sans Geocaching, we would be questioned why we were there, we walk away.

When we first started caching we could drive off in any direction and the caches we would find would usually lead someplace interesting. I had stacks of printed pages that we wouldn't read until we were there. It was a mysterious adventure every time we went caching. Now days we have to know where we want to go and then see if there are any interesting caches in the area. It takes some of the fun out of it. I'm just glad we got to enjoy the adventure before the lame micro became the norm.

In the Erie, Pa. area alone, a cache was blown up outside a Police Station that had permission from the Chief of Police, and a Wal-Mart parking lot cache that had permission from the store manager met a similar fate. I'm not from there, I just know about them.

Well, now we know what's happening to the missing TB's! :huh: People ask everyday - send them this link!

-1 (in my opinion)

+1 to this -1

Shaun

I have one of those in my town right now. Right behind a WalMart that I have a feeling no permission was ever received to place it there. I am starting to wonder if the cache approval system has broken down based on how many "rule breaking" caches are out there now. Caches are just being thrown out there to have one in an area. Stealth should only be an option to avoid being seen by muggles, not avoid being seen by security or business owners. I shouldn't have to feel criminal when I am looking for a cache.

If people keep placing caches without permission your area will find out how well the cache forced removal/mass archive process works.

This is fast and it sucks for everyone. It supersedes anyone who actually did get permission. They ALL go..

Shaun