what do TB owners think of this?

hukilaulau

I used to see this occasionally and thought it was kind of odd, but recently it seems that more and more I look at the history of a TB and someone has logged in into every cache they find, often a string of caches in the same park or trail. To me that's pointless and annoying, making it harder to scroll through the history or make sense of the maps. Two questions: How do TB owners feel about this?

And, WHY would someone take the trouble to do it? Do they think anyone really wants to see their personal caching history on someone else's TB page?

I look at the history of a TB and someone has logged in into every cache they find, often a string of caches in the same park or trail.

This is often due to a setting in an App, such as on a smartphone (maybe intentionally, maybe not). It can also be selected on the website, as each cache is logged. It's nice that someone's working hard to track a TB he's diligently bringing to every cache, and it appears that the item is alive and actively moving. It would be icing on the cake to see an occasional photo or human-written log among all the visits (since the premise is that they're only trying to make me happy), but I've never seen that happen. It's a robotic “took it to” over and over and over.

One issue is having the automatic logs turned on, yet not physically having the TB anymore. They could have lost it a year ago, and yet it still "visits" every cache. This makes it more and more difficult to track a lost TB, with a bazillion Tracking Logs, none of them real. If the TB were then to turn up, and be logged by someone else as well, Groundspeak could lock that TB from being tracked.

Another thing that can be a concern is, if the current holder keeps logging it through hundreds of caches over many months, is he ever intending to let it go? Once he takes it under his wing, it appears to be super difficult to convince him to let it go without a lot of angst. It can become a little creepy when your TB seems to be getting so much attention, like Gollum with The One Ring or something.

And you don't get an email notification til it's eventually dropped off, so your TB could go to a large number of caches all over the place, and you didn't know it was happening. So I usually thank the guy once it's placed, for all the nice travel. Because if not for him, it might have been held by some guy who goes to zero caches over that time span.

To me that's pointless and annoying, making it harder to scroll through the history or make sense of the maps.

Have you clarified this on your TB page? I'm up to about three paragraphs of "TB Etiquette Requests" on some of my TBs. Massive Visits are the least of my worries, and none of mine have been hijacked yet, from what I can tell (stuck in an endless loop of visits indicating either that it's a computer glitch or Gollum). But if it's an issue for you, make it bold and big on the TB mission. Maybe that will help.

Edited by kunarion

I have come to the conclusion that once I release a trackable, it is no longer mine

there is no way to control what other people do with it

and only minimal ways to influence what they do with it

so, I am glad to see activity of any type on it

a lot of "visit" logs are better than no logs at all

• Love 1

I find it very annoying and it happens because Groundspeak has made it easy for cache finders to do. You can click a single link and log every trackable that you have as visited the cache that you are logging. It is the "All Visited" link at the bottom of the page. I see many cachers do this.

It is especially annoying when a finder takes a trackable on a visiting spree that lasts months.

Edited by fbingha

Whenever I retrieve a TB from a cache, if the TB page mentions something about not wanting to visit each cache, then I honour that request; otherwise as long as I have the TB in my possession, it visits each cache I do.

As the owner of several TBs currently out in the world, I'd rather see a screen full of visit logs than seeing a retrieve notification and then wait for months while someone holds onto the TB and appears to do nothing with it.

At least with visit logs, I know that the cacher that has it is active.

I want my TBs to travel and accumulate mileage, even if it is half a mile at a time.

At least with visit logs, I know that the cacher that has it is active.

I want my TBs to travel and accumulate mileage, even if it is half a mile at a time.

What if the guy lost it months ago, and it's basically on Visit autopilot?

Since in that case it's gone anyway, it continues on, sort of. So that's an idea for vanished TBs: give the tracking number to a Visit Everything Person. For some of my lost TBs, I could be talked into doing that.

• Upvote 1

I dislike robo-visits. My main objection is that they fill the log up with a lot of non-information which can make it much harder to read over the log for important information when trying to track a traveler's travels. My personal standard is that if you can't come up with something interesting enough to edit the traveler's visit log to say, you shouldn't have the traveler visit the cache only to leave an empty log. I only have a TB visit a log on rare occasions, like when I go to an area specifically to take the TB somewhere new, but then I can't find a cache big enough to drop it.

Most comments I have seen here about this don't like it. When I leave on a trip I grab a bunch of travelers from around here. I log them once in each stop.

But there must be a balance. Moderation. Maybe? Why would someone log a TB for months, through hundreds of caches, not responding to PMs, or worse, insisting they won't place it due to it being "for the TB's mission"? Becoming irate if asked to drop it off. It's weird. I understand the urge to do whatever one desires just because one can get away with it, and therefore the TOs' wishes shall not be respected. But I'd better never again read that such activity "doesn't affect anyone else", because it's obvious that it does.

If it's a choice between having it stolen instantly, or proudly hijacked by someone who keeps it forever, I'd almost prefer it be quietly stolen. The end result is the same: No more Trackables being released.

Edited by kunarion

I have the problem that most caches I seem to find are nanos so travel bugs can't fit in them. I'd rather log a visited log for tb owner instead of it not doing anything until I find a cache I can put it in.

Do you at least add something to a Visit log once in a while mentioning why you haven't placed it? Because a massive list of nothing but "took it to" makes it tough to understand your intentions. Some of the lists are 15 pages or more of "took it to", over weeks or months.

Edited by kunarion

I have the problem that most caches I seem to find are nanos so travel bugs can't fit in them. I'd rather log a visited log for tb owner instead of it not doing anything until I find a cache I can put it in.

Do you at least add something to a Visit log once in a while mentioning why you haven't placed it? Because a massive list of nothing but "took it to" makes it tough to understand your intentions. Some of the lists are 15 pages or more of "took it to", over weeks or months.

Yes I do. Normally apologies for not finding a decent cache to put it in, then I say but at least it's getting miles. My posts are normally silly ramblings :) if the tb is like an army man the I post from the army man. Lol. :)

My posts are normally silly ramblings :) if the tb is like an army man the I post from the army man. Lol. :)

That would be great! Probably the only theme-related log I've posted was when I went to Oregon, saw a huge slug, and set the Geocoin in the ground so that the slug could pose on it. And I posted that it proves it was in Oregon. :P

My posts are normally silly ramblings :) if the tb is like an army man the I post from the army man. Lol. :)

That would be great! Probably the only theme-related log I've posted was when I went to Oregon, saw a huge slug, and set the Geocoin in the ground so that the slug could pose on it. And I posted that it proves it was in Oregon. :P

One tb I had for a while (as he was broken) was special agent borris. His arm had been snapped of and left a sharp end. So I filed down his hand and gave him a bandage I posted on his page as me talking about taking him to hospital for that one. My friend logged a cat and the log was meows (below though was where it was dropped.)

I hope to do this more when I find more. :)

Actually handled a bug today that requested that it be logged into each cache visited. But, I must agree that multiple pages of visits make my eyes glaze over, unless they are from my racing tortoise, who needs to log as many miles as possible between now and the end of November... so I might say that the decision to do this might be situation-specific.

• Upvote 1

Most comments I have seen here about this don't like it. When I leave on a trip I grab a bunch of travelers from around here. I log them once in each stop.

But there must be a balance. Moderation. Maybe? Why would someone log a TB for months, through hundreds of caches, not responding to PMs, or worse, insisting they won't place it due to it being "for the TB's mission"? Becoming irate if asked to drop it off. It's weird. I understand the urge to do whatever one desires just because one can get away with it, and therefore the TOs' wishes shall not be respected. But I'd better never again read that such activity "doesn't affect anyone else", because it's obvious that it does.

If it's a choice between having it stolen instantly, or proudly hijacked by someone who keeps it forever, I'd almost prefer it be quietly stolen. The end result is the same: No more Trackables being released.

I don't do that. If I got a request from an owner to drop it I would. I have kept them as long as five months while traveling the country and get thanks for moving the little critters. In each location I do a group picture for them and post it,

I have come to the conclusion that once I release a trackable, it is no longer mine

I'm not a huge fan of the robo visits. But at the end of the day, I agree with bhob -- yeah, it's clutter, but at least it's still moving. (And, thankfully, I don't get an email for visits.)

I've got dozens of missing bugs that I wish were getting robo logged. At least I'd know they were still out there.

I often have this problem as well.

I would like to know that my TB is at least still out there moving around even if for awhile it is just with one cacher.

I often have this problem as well.

I would like to know that my TB is at least still out there moving around even if for awhile it is just with one cacher.

But if the cacher lost it, yet the automatic logs continue forever, I can't re-release the TB til he cuts that out. I would rather it not be logged anymore, which would be accurate when it's been lost. If there are occasional human posts among a 15 pages of “Visits” (photos or something showing that the TB actually is truly going to all those caches), that's different.

At that point, the TB owner should decide whether they prefer a cacher to take and keep a TB with no further logs, or take and keep it with a bazillion logs.

• Upvote 1

I probably don't have any right saying this, because I am fairly new to this whole activity. I started caching in 2008 and quickly became disillusioned with it because so many Caches that listed TB's were empty. I retired and now have time on my hands along with a Grandson. I have been to so many Caches in the last week that listed TB"s and zilch, nadda, zero. One cache listed 15 and there was one. I have thought of becoming a Premy just to be able to find a better quality of caches. Thinking that Premium Members would somehow be more thoughtful in the placement and travel of Tb's. Am I right or am I being silly. If people would read what the goal of the TB was and instead of just snatching it up log it and leave it until maybe you find one that meets your travel plans. Also place it in Premium Member Caches that aren't readily accessible to the one time cachers. I have also thought about the Proxy laminated card with picture of original. Just my thoughts on resurrecting some of the lost or stolen TB's. end of Rant

...<snip>

I've never completed accepted that idea. I certainly have little control over someone picking it up and doing whatever with it but I have the control to recall it, delete logs, re-release it or have it locked down or reported for abuse.

My problem is what do you expect by posting in the TB Forum? Formally send your complaint upstairs and I might be willing to support it.

Now if someone would release a script to auto-delete visit logs I'd be willing to use it.

Honestly? I don't care how people log my trackables -as long as they are logged properly and still alive. I don't look at the maps much at all....I look at the mileage from time to time. When folks visit it to every cache, I wish they had photos of themselves so I can see the people who care to visit it that much. I enjoy reading about their travels and the stories they have to tell. Every once in a while, I will write a note saying Thank You for the travels. After all, the last thing you want to do, is discourage positive TB logging/visits.

After pressing submit on the "Geocahe" log there is no connection to the TB except going to each "dipped TB" and editing the entry.

What would be useful is to have the the "Geocache" log entry automatically (or by choice individual opt in or out) cross posted to the TB log. That way loggers would be encouraged (and forced to go an extra step or two) to perhaps personalize each TB visit a little more...

In that way the TB owner at least gets the minor benifit of that "geocache" log and can stay up on the progress.

Having said that, as everyone know some logs are short and tedious and may not be an improvment over nothing.

I probably don't have any right saying this, because I am fairly new to this whole activity. I started caching in 2008 and quickly became disillusioned with it because so many Caches that listed TB's were empty. I retired and now have time on my hands along with a Grandson. I have been to so many Caches in the last week that listed TB"s and zilch, nadda, zero. One cache listed 15 and there was one. I have thought of becoming a Premy just to be able to find a better quality of caches. Thinking that Premium Members would somehow be more thoughtful in the placement and travel of Tb's. Am I right or am I being silly. If people would read what the goal of the TB was and instead of just snatching it up log it and leave it until maybe you find one that meets your travel plans. Also place it in Premium Member Caches that aren't readily accessible to the one time cachers. I have also thought about the Proxy laminated card with picture of original. Just my thoughts on resurrecting some of the lost or stolen TB's. end of Rant

I hope premium members are more careful with TBs. I wonder, though, if it's simply that premium caches get less visitors than basic caches? Hence less chances for it to disappear? I don't know.

I think any cache in a high-muggle area is unlikely to be successful with TBs (particularly geocoins). Caches that require a hike, or some significant terrain challenge (like climbing a tree), in a forest (or other muggle-free area) seem to do better with TBs in my experience. If I'm actively seeking out TBs, I look for caches that take some effort to get to - it seems like the TB is actually there more often than in an easily accessible cache. Although if you're bringing a grandson along, a long hike might not be doable, depending on his age, and depending on whether you feel like carrying him back down the hill. :)

I dip trackables in every cache that they physically visit as that records the most accurate path that they have travelled that is possible. That mapping path isn't perfect by any means but until trackables have a GPS module fitted to them it's the best that there will be. I don't post on each dip but I always try to accomplish the TB's goal and if a TB hasn't physically visited it doesn't normally get a dip (unless by mistake, which is usually if it's late and I'm rushing to finish the days logging).

My main posts are on the pick up (which produces an owner notification and in which I state that the main post will be on the drop off) and the final drop off. I always try to give reasons as to why a TB may not have been dropped off earlier in the final post and will more often than not post multiple photo's to the last post.

Being the owner of quite a few TB's I have no objection to a similar sort of approach but I certainly don't see any point in a couple of words or a one liner post on each dip (which I have seen), that smacks of “TFTC”, especially if they are cut and paste. I would like to do a reasonable post on every trackable dip but until the days consist of three hundred hours of leisure time each that's not likely to be feasible.

Cheers

Schnuz.

Hahaarrgghh yeah goin' to PIRATEMANIA VI 2013? The only MEGA PIRATE event in the UK to attend? More details to follow as it hasn't been arranged yet :laughing:[:D].

Hahaarrgghh, be seein' yah thar yah filthy landlubbers!

I like that the TBs and cachers can visit every cache, it adds to the mileage on the TB and I like to look at the caches that my TBs visit. One of mine is currently visiting Lincolnshire, a beautiful county I spent a lot of time in 10 years ago. Seeing some interesting caches is making me think it might be time for a trip over there.

Of course, you don't have a TB with 30+ pages of visit logs.

I like that the TBs and cachers can visit every cache, it adds to the mileage on the TB and I like to look at the caches that my TBs visit. One of mine is currently visiting Lincolnshire, a beautiful county I spent a lot of time in 10 years ago. Seeing some interesting caches is making me think it might be time for a trip over there.

Of course, you don't have a TB with 30+ pages of visit logs.

I'd love for my TBs to get that much activity.

you don't have a TB with 30+ pages of visit logs.

I'd love for my TBs to get that much activity.

Your Trackable pages don't reflect your enthusiasm. You need to add the text, If you visit lots of caches, please log that you took this item, select automatic visits, and allow pages of 'took it' to logs to accumulate forevermore. I love that!

Edited by kunarion

I'll usually log a visit if I have another cache I'm planning to move it to sometime soon. For example if I'm leaving on a trip where it will log big miles but I still see a few caches near home, I'll log a visit. If I'm doing a string a caches along a trail I will usually just log the first and last caches on the trail because the mileage works out almost the same.

Thanks, folks. I've learned a lot about both the mechanics and the thought processes. I have greater insight now, but as for myself I think I'll remain "old school." I pick up a TB from one cache, and I put it in another one. As for TB races, most of the ones I've seen only give points for one pickup and one drop off.

I agree with the people who are disenchanted with long lists of "took it to". The annoying habit is spreading that people do not turn off the auto-visits for TBs on their smart phones. Some people possibly are not even aware of the fact, that their phone is logging every single TB presently in their possession at every single cache they visit. Even all the TBs they have lost continue to be registered in this way, as has been pointed out repeatedly in the above comments.

When we take a TB from a cache, it is treated like a special visitor who wants to know something about our part of the world.I create our TB's log page lovingly and with a clearly stated purpose, something the children can enjoy; but so often we get long list of mindless entries now, lacking in any interest whatsoever. WHAT is the point of sending a TB out into the world, saying "it has nothing to do with me any longer, it can just drift or get lost whilst computers register its whereabouts".

It frankly puts me off the "game".

Can officials perhaps run a little public awareness campaign to stop this deplorable state of affairs?

Can officials perhaps run a little public awareness campaign to stop this deplorable state of affairs?

Probably not. Read this very Topic to see reasons that people take TBs cache-to-cache, and others who enjoy their TBs doing so. And yet others who insist that such visits are a good thing for anyone's TB.

One thing you may try is adding some text to your TB's mission:

"The unending automatic visit logs with no photos, no personalized text, make it seem like there's a problem. Please physically place my TB into a container and log that you did so, within two weeks of picking it up."

Check out "Instant Karma" for more ideas to keep TBs in the game.

Edited by kunarion

I'm not a huge fan of the robo visits. But at the end of the day, I agree with bhob -- yeah, it's clutter, but at least it's still moving. (And, thankfully, I don't get an email for visits.)

I've got dozens of missing bugs that I wish were getting robo logged. At least I'd know they were still out there.

How is it moving? I'll take odds that in almost all cases, the actual TB is sitting on someone's desk at home while they are out caching. All they are doing is auto-logging the number through each cache.

Some people like this. Their TB is getting all kinds of mileage and all kinds of logs. Looks real good for the stats and the numbers. I would rather my TB/Coin be shared with as many cachers as possible. That happens by putting it in a cache, not in your glove compartment as you drive from cache to cache for six months.

as I stated on the regular boards, I do find it annoying when someone just dips my TB into every cache they do. I imagine they are trying to be kind, to give miles, but I find it just pages of clutter, to see my cache move 0.3 miles, then 0.25 miles, etc etc, with no notes, no pictures and no changes of hands, just pages and pages of visits. I do not mind the odd visit if you forgot to drop a cache so it gets one visit to a specific cache, but 40 caches in a day? Then another day? Weeks? Months? Its just spam and not the viking kind.

Do that to your own vehicle TBs or what not, but I personally wish folks would not do that to my TBs or coins.

as I stated on the regular boards, I do find it annoying when someone just dips my TB into every cache they do. I imagine they are trying to be kind, to give miles,

I usually thank the Visit Cacher for all the nice jumps, but until it's placed into a cache, it looks just like all the other TBs in people's hands, unmoved. So a cacher could even be carrying my TB to every one of those caches, and is wondering why I haven't mentioned all the attention. I hope they understand that I see no notification til it's dropped off. And I don't often inspect the long list of stalled TBs, since that review gets rather depressing.

I have had a thought.

It was suggested in the other thread that maybe visit should be disabled for other cachers only the owner can log a visit. Would it not be better to have the ability to choose when editing the tb page to disable the visit cache button. That way tb owners can make the choice as some like it and some don't.

It was suggested in the other thread that maybe visit should be disabled for other cachers only the owner can log a visit. Would it not be better to have the ability to choose when editing the tb page to disable the visit cache button. That way tb owners can make the choice as some like it and some don't.

This is like outlawing sodas because they lead to obesity. We're discussing abusive uses of visits, which I would love to see prevented, but there's nothing wrong with visits in general. I find them quite useful when they're appropriate.

maybe visit should be disabled for other cachers only the owner can log a visit.

Except on the cache page itself, that may not help. An App can be programmed to do most anything. If the “Visit” option is removed, a phone App might be changed to do a Drop/Retrieve at each cache.

It would be great to simply have concise useful information all in one place.

Which TBs you're listed as holding, showing which ones need to be placed into a cache. Maybe a TB Owner can add a “?” to its icon if the TB seems to have stalled in your hands, or in a cache (in which case others could add a "?" to the item if it's not in a container).

Which TBs are moving in any way (some kind of noticeable notification would be nice).

Which TBs are dead or dying soon, sorted by date.

Display the menu options to be presented to you when logging a TB, and

Which options are available to other cachers (here's where you'd shut off or “hide” Visit Logs).

If we can automatically “Visit” caches, we should also be able to select “Automatically Un-Grab” a car TB sticker.

All selectable and easy to figure out.

Edited by kunarion

I have had a thought.

I could be wrong, but I think the smartphone app comes with the auto-visit feature enabled by default. I'm also guessing that most smartphone users have no idea that this feature exists or that it is enabled. A simple solution would be to have the feature disabled by default and anyone that wanted to robo-log bugs into every cache they visit would have to manually turn it on for it to work.

Normally, auto visits don't bug me that much but it is a pain in the neck if I notice that Cacher X has had my bug for months and I suspect it's either been dropped into a cache and never logged or that it's gone to trackable heaven, never to be seen again. Most emails to those cachers go unanswered. The ones that do answer almost always say they dropped the bug a long time ago but didn't log it into the cache. So now I have 300 different visit logs staring me in the face to try to figure out where the bug went. No thanks. I just mark it missing and hope that it gets picked up by someone who knows how to log trackables and gets put back into play. So far, none have ever returned from the Unknown Location :(

This is like outlawing sodas because they lead to obesity. We're discussing abusive uses of visits, which I would love to see prevented, but there's nothing wrong with visits in general. I find them quite useful when they're appropriate.

Letting the TB owner decide is like outlawing sodas? You totally lost me on that one.

Personally, I think that it should be flat out outlawed. Perhaps allow it on TBs that you own and TBs that are visiting events. The visit log was originally created so people didn't have to log their TBs in and out of events, and so people could use a TB to track their personal caching mileage without having to use two logs for each cache. I don't think that it was ever intended for me to take your TB all over the country for the express purpose of racking up mileage, especially so you can stick it in your friends face, or win a TB race, nor should I be allowed to track my personal mileage with your TB.

Heck, I could win a TB race without the TB ever leaving my house. Just give the # to a well traveled friend and let him start "visiting" it in caches that he finds all over the globe.

Edited by Don_J

Letting the TB owner decide is like outlawing sodas? You totally lost me on that one.

Preventing visits altogether because some people visit excessively is like "solving" obesity by going after sodas.

Personally, I think that it should be flat out outlawed. Perhaps allow it on TBs that you own and TBs that are visiting events. The visit log was originally created so people didn't have to log their TBs in and out of events, and so people could use a TB to track their personal caching mileage without having to use two logs for each cache. I don't think that it was ever intended for me to take your TB all over the country for the express purpose of racking up mileage, especially so you can stick it in your friends face, or win a TB race, nor should I be allowed to track my personal mileage with your TB.

I wasn't involved in deciding to implement visit so people didn't have to do drop/grab, so I can't say what its specific use cases were, but, as I said, I find it generally useful. Sometimes I want to conceptually drop a TB in a cache, then pick it up right away. Visit provides an easy way to do that that doesn't result in an entirely unnecessary grab log entry. I have TBs visit caches for specific reasons that are consistent with the owner's desires about his TB's travels. The suggestion is to allow the owner to disable this nice feature just because there are jerks in the world.

Heck, I could win a TB race without the TB ever leaving my house. Just give the # to a well traveled friend and let him start "visiting" it in caches that he finds all over the globe.

Yes you could. Or you could let him travel it all over the globe...which is what many think TBs are for. We don't get too involved w/ TBs, but we go in streaks. Lately, we've picked some up and have had them in our bag when caching so we visited them. We haven't found a good drop-off and our nearby multi is disabled so they are overdue to drop somewhere. We knew folks get grumpy when they sit or get lost, but never suspected there was such angst regarding how they move. Thinking we may drop these and just not touch any more.

Yes you could. Or you could let him travel it all over the globe...which is what many think TBs are for. We don't get too involved w/ TBs, but we go in streaks. Lately, we've picked some up and have had them in our bag when caching so we visited them. We haven't found a good drop-off and our nearby multi is disabled so they are overdue to drop somewhere. We knew folks get grumpy when they sit or get lost, but never suspected there was such angst regarding how they move. Thinking we may drop these and just not touch any more.

This is one of those things that does not have an easy solution, and dprovan is right, a total ban would be overkill. I don't have a problem with what you are doing, but you are nothing like the modern day numbers cachers that tend to push everything to the limits. Imagine someone holding onto a TB for six months and auto logging it as visited to a 2000 caches.

You are trying to find the proper cache to put the TBs in and in the meantime, posting visit logs to try to let the owners know what's going on. I don't think that anyone would object to that.

I am very strongly in the camp of those who like their TB's to "visit" multiple caches. What's the difference if one cacher takes my TB to "visit" 10 caches, versus 10 cachers "placing" it in 10 caches??? The "visits" method gets the TB to more places faster. That's a good thing!

I've done the "visits" routine with TB's I've picked up - but in moderation. A few visits to give it some mileage, get it around, add some history. Then I place it and let others take their turn.

I am very strongly in the camp of those who like their TB's to "visit" multiple caches. What's the difference if one cacher takes my TB to "visit" 10 caches, versus 10 cachers "placing" it in 10 caches??? The "visits" method gets the TB to more places faster. That's a good thing!

I've done the "visits" routine with TB's I've picked up - but in moderation. A few visits to give it some mileage, get it around, add some history. Then I place it and let others take their turn.

I guess it's just a different POV. I put TB/Coins out so that I can share them with other people, not caches or locations. The actual TB is an inanimate object that really doesn't even know, or care that it has virtually visited 100s of caches. I'd rather you pick it up and move it to another cache so that someone else can get their hands on it and do the same. To answer your question above, 10 times the cachers got the experience of seeing the TB and participating in it's travels.

I have had a thought.

It shouldn't be for any Tb. For the history the discover and visit options were completely coin driven. And honestly I do agree that they needed it due to the level of sharing numbers and Event visiting. Travel Bugs just got sucked along with those coin options and now we have what we have.

Edited by BlueDeuce
What's the difference if one cacher takes my TB to "visit" 10 caches, versus 10 cachers "placing" it in 10 caches???

With ten cachers, I'm confident they had the TB and moved it, that it is still in play, since the logs will make sense for the caches and cachers. But the one cacher might have left "auto-visit" turned on, and lost the TB months ago. That's the difference. Doesn't anyone read threads before asking this again and again? I've personally explained this, dozens of times.

Edited by kunarion