Garmin GPSMaps 62s brick - Need to solve in 2 hours!

Hi,

Sorry for the last minute urgent nature. Its my own fault! shouldn't have tried to mess with my GPS the morning before a week-long caching trip!

My Garmin GPSMaps 62s is now at a point where I installed the beta version but it freezes and shuts down before I can select Yes to update it.

How did it get to this state? Well a few months ago I decided to connect it and Update it. I used the Garmin website, then I loaded my maps back onto it, and then my GPX. The GPS started, but when I tried to select a geocache it would freeze and shut down. Because it was picking up that it was uptodate on Garmin support there was nothing I could do to revert it to the old version. So I loaded the beta version from the Garmin website. And that worked ok for a while although it had a few 'features' on it I didn't like.

So today I decided to try to update it again, and did so. And it started freezing on startup after I'd loaded a GPX. Not cool. So I tried to load the beta version again. And that's where I'm at now.

I am flying out in about 2hrs 45mins. Need some help to fix it before then if anyone can help!

OK I may have got it to load the beta - I started it and just kept pressing the Enter button.... then it loaded a window with all sorted of system info on it and a Start button at the bottom. Nothing happened and it faded out again. Next time it started it had the caches on it I had loaded prior to the Beta install.... weird.

Hi Atlas, thanks for the response.

The GPX seems OK now. Its just one I made from GSAK, exported in version 1.0. Its loading fine now that the GPS will turn on.

I was trying to force Mass storage mode, but wasn't working as the GPS wasn't staying turned on long enough!

All sorted however, thanks for your help!