"historical" maps with archived caches

Ihrlerstein

In my opinion it would be good, to get the option to see archived caches in the maps, like in historical maps.

I see the benefit, to find places which ex-members has known and where some Caches should be "reloaded"

Sorry about my bad english.

Greetings from bavaria to all,

Ihrlerstein

In my opinion it would be good, to get the option to see archived caches in the maps, like in historical maps.

I see the benefit, to find places which ex-members has known and where some Caches should be "reloaded"

Sorry about my bad english.

Greetings from bavaria to all,

Ihrlerstein

Your english is fine. The problem with this suggestion is that it would also show locates where caches should *not* be placed. Many archived caches were archived because there should not have been a cache placed there in the first place because adequate permission was not obtained, private property issues, or some other guideline violation.

a lot of us would like to be able to see archived caches, but the reasons for not allowing it are pretty clear. In some areas you can find bookmark lists of archived caches. If you find the profile of a cacher who has been hiding caches for a long time, you can see caches they have archived, which could lead you to a bookmark list.

By the way, I admire anyone who can speak and write in more than one language. Your English is better than many native speakers...

This has been brought up in many threads here and in other sub-forums. Context for "why not" can be found there.

The best thing to do is look on an individual cacher's hides for their archived caches, and to ask your local Reviewer if you have questions about a cache in a specific search radius.

From there, they are archived for a reason. You can still view them if you find them, but they are not going to be shown on the site for general viewing...even as "Historical" sites.

Yes it would be nice but there is no need for it. The caches are archived for a reason. Guideline violations, dangerous places, no permission. The biggest one I think is the location could be "out there" By that I mean am muggle has found the cache and keeps destroying, stealing, vandalizing the cache.