[Suggestion] New coordinates in iPhone app

macas_team

Hi all.

There is a missing feature (or at least I can not find it) relates to the unknown caches.

When you find the solution for an unknown, you have the option to change the coordinates to the real ones.

In the web page, you find the New coordinates in the map and the old ones are "hidden" for the user.

I normally use the iPhone App to search the caches and those New coordinates are not available (as coordinates of the cache), so what I'm doing is to copy the New coordinates as Field Note in the cache, copy to Google Maps in the iPhone and navigate to the cache.

IT Will be great for me If once the coordinates are updated, they are considered for everything (maps, distancies,...).

Thanks a lot for the hard work you're doing with this fantastic app.

Jesús (macas_team)

In the Navigate to Geocache screen, tap the little flag icon in the upper right hand corner, next to the Compass icon. Enter your new coordinates there (call them whatever you like) and hit Save. A flag will appear on the map at those coordinates. Tap the flag and choose Set as Target.

The new waypoint will stay associated with that cache and the flag will always appear on the Navigate screen for that cache, until you delete it.

Is that what you are looking for?

I haven't tried this myself....and curious if it works...

Have you tried accessing www.geocaching.com on your phone directly thru safari. Input the new coordinates on the puzzle webpage. Then....open up your App and see if the changes are still there. ??

I would think they should be there.... knowing you've logged in under the login name.

It is a limitation of any application that accesses cache data through the API.

It is an issue of which they have been made aware, and on which they allege to be working:

STARTED - [FEATURE] Show user-corrected coords on Beta Map, in PQs, and in API

See also:

[Feature] Android App - Edited co-ordinates

Please add corrected coordinates to iphone

What I do is put the corrected coordinates into the cache page's Personal Cache Note field. This info is visible within the app when you are in the field. Then I add another waypoint with the seemingly-stealthy "flag" icon at the top of the map navigation view.

There is a missing feature (or at least I can not find it) relates to the unknown caches.

Jesús (macas_team)

One thing you can do is create a list of your solved puzzle caches and then generate a PQ of that list. Save the PQ to to your phone and the corrected coordinates will appear there just fine. I know this is not the ultimate fix but it works pretty well until Groundspeak gets around to fixing the app. (Instead of goofing around with silly things like Challenges.)

Yes. This is something similar to what I'm finding. Thanks. Really it's a solution.

But now I discovered L4C (looking for caches) that is another app for iPhone. Is quite good and solves my problem perfectly.

I'll wait for a final solution in the official application (because I like it).

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Jesus

In the Navigate to Geocache screen, tap the little flag icon in the upper right hand corner, next to the Compass icon. Enter your new coordinates there (call them whatever you like) and hit Save. A flag will appear on the map at those coordinates. Tap the flag and choose Set as Target.

The new waypoint will stay associated with that cache and the flag will always appear on the Navigate screen for that cache, until you delete it.

Is that what you are looking for?

I haven't tried this myself....and curious if it works...

Have you tried accessing www.geocaching.com on your phone directly thru safari. Input the new coordinates on the puzzle webpage. Then....open up your App and see if the changes are still there. ??

I would think they should be there.... knowing you've logged in under the login name.

This is the main problem. That the coordinates are not there (in the iPhone app).

In the webpage works perfectly (in the map, the coordinates are the "real" ones).

Jesús (macas_team)

One thing you can do is create a list of your solved puzzle caches and then generate a PQ of that list. Save the PQ to to your phone and the corrected coordinates will appear there just fine. I know this is not the ultimate fix but it works pretty well until Groundspeak gets around to fixing the app. (Instead of goofing around with silly things like Challenges.)

Thanks for your answer.

I tested it and doesn't seems to work (probably I did something wrong).

What I did was to create a Pocket Query (in fact I already had it) and store it in the saved lists. The solved caches have the coordinates changes manually in the website, but are not being reflected in the app.

What am I doing wrong? (because if it works it's a very good solution for me).

Meanwhile, I have found another application (using the API) that works perfectly with this issue. It's called L4C (looking for caches). I think the people of Groundspeak should take a look to it to get good ideas.

Thanks again.

Jesus