Did we find a benchmark?

PSJKids

I found this while setting a Geocache and I have done a coordinate ( N28.55577, W080.844882 )search on the GC Benchmark site and on the GC Waymark sites but cannot come up with anything on it. It is a disk set into a small concrete pillar sticking out of the ground about a foot or so and it is solidly mounted underground even though the ground where I found it was soft and mucky. I am a big guy and when I hit this thing with my left boot, it took me to the ground without it moving at all. Does anyone have any idea what kind of marker this is and/or where I would find info on it? I Googled the GWW RLS 5075 both with the periods and without and only got reference to something not at this area of town.

mb7h5c.jpg

213ok9c.jpg

it appears to me to be a marker placed out by a registered land surveyor/RLS (with a license number of 5075). Doing a check on the Florida surveyor website, that license number belongs to Gary Ward Wallace/GWW.

You can contact him at :

GARY WARD WALLACE

20368 SOMMERSET COURT, PURCELLVILLE, VA 20132

Phone 703-674-1300

https://csapp.800helpfla.com/cspublicapp/businesssearch/businesssearch.aspx

He might can tell you if he was the one who placed the marker, and what purpose it was for.

Edited by LSUFan