Trip to Fredericton

Andronicus

I will be in Fredericton later this month. I am thinking of either driving to PEI to find the First Post Charlottetown, or trying to find 15 of the 'March of the 104th' series (to earn the geocoin). I would love to get that geocoin, and it is only available while supplies last. But I would also love to find the Charlottetown First Post. That would be my first PEI find (bringing my provinces total to 9), and my First Post total to 7 (found and visited). I will only have time for one or the other.

Which one should I do?

Skip sleep, do both B) . The coin is nice, but then again adding a province and First Post to your growing collection would be cool too. Here's the coin icon if you haven't seen it yet.

2071fd4c-6331-42fe-ba6a-f087b4e84de7.gif?rnd=0.703685

So what you are saying is that the coin is super cool, and I should do the 104th march series first, then if time permits, skip sleep and head to Charlottetown?

if you decide to do Charlottetown, let user named "El Nimrod" know you are coming and we'll hold a supper event in your honor. For real. The island cachers try to get together at least once a month and need no excuse to all meet up for chi chat and food. So having a cacher from away visit just adds to the fun! :) Lots of great caching to be done in Charlottetown. See you soon!

if you decide to do Charlottetown, let user named "El Nimrod" know you are coming and we'll hold a supper event in your honor. For real. The island cachers try to get together at least once a month and need no excuse to all meet up for chi chat and food. So having a cacher from away visit just adds to the fun! :) Lots of great caching to be done in Charlottetown. See you soon!

Thanks for the offer, but I am leaning toward the 104th March series. I will likely be back in September, so maybe on the Sundaythat I arrive I will try to visit Charlottetown.

Skip sleep, do both B) . The coin is nice, but then again adding a province and First Post to your growing collection would be cool too. Here's the coin icon if you haven't seen it yet.

2071fd4c-6331-42fe-ba6a-f087b4e84de7.gif?rnd=0.703685

So what you are saying is that the coin is super cool, and I should do the 104th march series first, then if time permits, skip sleep and head to Charlottetown?

I was just looking at Google Maps. It looks like the drive to Charlottetown is only 3 to 3.5h, so would be doable in an evening after work. Maybe I can do both... Will have to see what time we finish work...

Well, I decided to do the "March of the NB 104th" geotrail. What a great experience that was! Here is the summery log form my final find on the trail

This was my 15th find in this series! Yah!!

I parked in the shoulder of the road. While I normally wouldn't do that, I was not about to walk 350m in this crazy wind (forgot my toque). I was a little panicked when I didn't find this one right away; it should have been easy, and was the last one in this series I needed to finish. Of course that would be just my luck, DNFing the last one! Anyway, I took a deep breath, and then promptly made the find.

Thanks so much for this great series. I loved all the history, and I love to honor our past heroes? I had a great time driving around this lovely province (and even a bit into Quebec). I got to see lots of cool spots that I would not have seen otherwise; the Hartland covered bridge, two ferry crossings through the frozen river, the McCain headquarters, many small towns, and all the great landscapes.

With this cold and wind that we have had during the three days I was doing this series, I tried to imagine what it must have been like for those guys in the 104th. On Tuesday when there wasn't much wind, and it was sunny, it wasn't too bad when walking. But once the sun started going down, then with the wind on Wednesday and Thursday, it was seriously cold. It really wouldn't take much to freeze to death. Their story is truly an amazing one.

Thanks again for all the work that was put into these caches!!