[FEATURE] Field Notes

Mallah

I've sometimes felt it would be useful to be able to upload my Field Notes and then write all the logs in batch style prior to uploading them to GC in one go.

I've now found this http://www.geopt.org/ which does that and more. Are there any plans to incorporate this functionality into the 'in house' system?

For more details about what it actually does see here

Edited by mike142sl

I'm not sure what you mean by 'batch style'?

Perhaps it means 'identical cut-and-paste logs for every cache'?? :unsure:

GSAK can do this too.

I highly doubt such functionality would ever be incorporated into Geocaching.com...but then again, five years ago I would probably have 'highly doubted' some of the things that HAVE been done on the site.

When the 'burden' of writing good logs becomes excessive, you are finding too many caches.

I meant being able to write the logs out on one page rather than selecting one at a time then uploading before selecting the next one - a bit like working on a single spreadsheet and moving between cells in an open sheet. The attached prog also includes date and time in the log.

I could complete the logs in the field but without a touch screen that's a bit of a no go area.

Modern browsers make it easy to open links in tabs. I do this all the time when I'm converting my field notes into logs. I open each cache listing in its own tab and each log form in its own tab. It's easy enough to switch between tabs that I've never felt the need to have all the log forms on a single page.