Making a PQ for Dartmoor

Need me glasses

I have made PQs using my home coordinates a few times now and am getting used to making them but now I want to make one for Dartmoor, how do I start? am I best to just pick a central cache on Dartmoor then use those coordinates as the centre of my PQ, doing this means I wont know what size circle I will get until it is made, is there an easier way? (keep it very simple as I am not great with tech stuff!) Thanks

That's what I often do when I create a PQ for an area: I scan the area on the map, pick a cache somewhere near the center of the area I'm interested in, and use that cache's GC code as the center for my PQ. I don't worry about the size of the circle; I just let it find the nearest 1000 caches.

If you use Google Maps to find the 'center' point you want just right click on the map and select What's Here? and you'll get the coordinates. They are in decimal degrees but the PQ page lets you enter them in that format.

Chris

Graculus

Volunteer UK Reviewer for geocaching.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

UK Geocaching Wiki

Geocaching.com Help Center

UK Geocaching Information & Resources website