PQ Dates Changing

sloth96

Some of my pocket queries had a window that started on January 1, 1997. When the new year came, these queries stopped returning fewer than 1000 caches and started returning 1000 caches. When I checked the queries, the January 1, 1997 date had been changed to January 1 2014.

I am unable to reset the start dates to January 1, 1997.

Thanks.

Some of my pocket queries had a window that started on January 1, 1997. When the new year came, these queries stopped returning fewer than 1000 caches and started returning 1000 caches. When I checked the queries, the January 1, 1997 date had been changed to January 1 2014.

I am unable to reset the start dates to January 1, 1997.

Thanks.

I had to change a number of queries as a result of the change to add in 2014 to the system.

I did notice that the earliest date now seems to be January 1, 1998 instead of 1997.

The oldest cache in the world is from May of 2000.

Not even sure why it lets you set an older date, that was a bug introduced a couple years ago.

Whilst the oldest cache was physically placed is May 2000 some owners have put a placed date before that. I have always assumed the earlier years in the 'placed date' part of the query system are to catch these caches.

Not even sure why it lets you set an older date, that was a bug introduced a couple years ago.

Whilst the oldest cache was physically placed is May 2000 some owners have put a placed date before that. I have always assumed the earlier years in the 'placed date' part of the query system are to catch these caches.

It causes problems if my pocket query is between January 1 1997 and January 1 2004 and it becomes between January 1 2004 and January 1 2014. A significantly better adaptation would be January 1 1998 to January 1 2004. I picked a date in the pocket query to guarantee I had non-overlapping time windows that included the "start" of geocaching.

The oldest date placed I have seen is 9/5/1940 at GCYP1P. If it is an allowed value in Placed Date, I want to be able to pocket query on it.

The other thing is it is two years away before the apparent 15 year window in the pocket query dialogs starts preventing me from doing pocket queries on real caches with real dates. geocaching.com should have advance notice to plan their development cycle.

Edited by sloth96

GCWHE8 shows it being placed 1901. It was't always this way, but it got corrupted some how.

GCWHE8 shows it being placed 1901. It was't always this way, but it got corrupted some how.

The system currently allows you to set the placed date to any date between January 1st, 1900 and today. It's mind-boggling that Groundspeak still hasn't fixed this bug, but that they display an error message when you try to set the date to a future date:

You can't choose a date that is in the future.

If the developers have covered that error condition, why have they not covered the opposite?