Iphone app suggestions

Venz299

Hi,

I have some suggestions for the Groundspeak geocaching app.

During our first multi cache we found that there is no option to enter waypoint coordinates manualy. So we were forced to find another app to solve this problem.

Another great option would be that the app will also suits for use on the iPad.

Hope you can do something with this suggestions.

Regards,

Venz299

Hi,

Congratulations on completing your first multi!

There is a way to enter coords manually on the iPhone geocaching app.

When you are in 'navigate to geocache' mode, there is a flag icon in the top right corner. If you touch that, you can then enter S and E coords, and save a new waypoint.

Once you have saved the waypoint, in the navigate to geocache, you will see an orange flag, your waypoint. If you touch it, you can select 'set as target' and it will make that GZ, and it will direct you to those coords.

I hope that helps. It took me a while to figure it out.

In regards to the iPad support, I fully agree, but it is being talkes about, and I'm no one knows how long it will take until action is taken.

Hi,

Does this app work on the iphone 5?

I've now used the Geocaching app on my iPhone 5 to find about 300 caches. It works like a dream and has revolutionized my caching experience. Every once in a while I will revert to my 60CSx in heavy cover to zero in on a cache but other than that it works great. I log caches and trackables as I find them saving time and bookkeeping. When I find myself in a new area I can see all the nearby caches regardless of whether I've saved them in a PQ previously. The only caveat is that corrected coordinates for puzzle caches are not displayed when you search for nearby caches, but they are returned for pocket queries. Hopefully Groundspeak will fix this glaring mistake soon.

Hi,

Does this app work on the iphone 5?

I've now used the Geocaching app on my iPhone 5 to find about 300 caches. It works like a dream and has revolutionized my caching experience. Every once in a while I will revert to my 60CSx in heavy cover to zero in on a cache but other than that it works great. I log caches and trackables as I find them saving time and bookkeeping. When I find myself in a new area I can see all the nearby caches regardless of whether I've saved them in a PQ previously. The only caveat is that corrected coordinates for puzzle caches are not displayed when you search for nearby caches, but they are returned for pocket queries. Hopefully Groundspeak will fix this glaring mistake soon.

If you save the corrected coords as a note on geocaching.com, it will be displayed on the notes section of the cache on the iPhone. You can then create a waypoint from the coords in the note as explained here;

When you are in 'navigate to geocache' mode, there is a flag icon in the top right corner. If you touch that, you can then enter S and E coords, and save a new waypoint.

Once you have saved the waypoint, in the navigate to geocache, you will see an orange flag, your waypoint. If you touch it, you can select 'set as target' and it will make that GZ, and it will direct you to those coords.

Thanks,

Condorito

Edited by Condorito