Merlin's Falcon Geocoin-Cache Raptor (trackable/unique icon)

tsunrisebey

Hello and Happy New Year!

Merlin's Falcon - Cache Raptor (trackable/unique icon) debuted at GCF2012 in Colorado.

I cant say specifically what made me draw this design, I just sat down one day and started playing with a

Phoenix design and decided that this wasn't quite what I was striving for as far as a Phoenix goes but I

loved the design. I did a little research and as big fan of birds of prey, I decided to honor the Merlin Falcon.

Specifications: 1.75" x 2.5mm and 2 holes (one on each wing).

*** I have been wearing mine as a necklace pendant and I get many compliments on it. It's really a neat coin and

I'm very proud of it ***

I did a red/black/white version on antique nickel but am currently working on 2 additional versions and ordering samples.

Once I receive pictures, I will open them up for reservations. Price to be determined.

***** For every coin purchased, I will donate .50 per coin to the Merlin Falcon Foundation: http://merlinfalconfoundation.org/

You can learn about the Merlin Falcon here and see what they look like. Quite cute I must say *****

More to come but wanted to get a thread up since I've been getting emails about this guy.

Thanks,

tsun

430428_10151140584237860_635607934_n.jpg

297705_10151140578107860_937304391_n.jpg

Edited by Eartha

That is fantastic! I would like one for sure, possibly two depending on price. We have a very active and friendly falconry club here in Virginia. One of my friends attended one of their events, took fabulous photos, and wrote a very nice article about his day that was published in Virginia Sportsman. This coin would make a nice gift for him...and might even get him to take an interest in geocaching!

Edited by DogArtist

*** If you bought/sold a Merlin's Falcon at GCF-Colorado and actually activated it, your coin is going to say Sea of Treasures on your trackables list. I'm working with Annie from GS to get this fixed. Currently you don't need to do anything. If you try to activate your Merlin and it is showing already activated, please send me an email along with the tracking number on your coin and we will go from there. I anticipate very few problems.

If you want the winning lottery numbers, I won't be able to help you with that one :D

Thanks,

tsun

For those of you interested in this coin, I currently have samples in production for 3 new color schemes (one posted to FB). One is a tsun version so that will be very limited in production (11). Once I have pictures available, I'll start taking reservations. I'll have the original (red/white/black) available and the 2 new versions.

I'm not a glitter person but one version does have glitter on it for you glitter junkies ;) I'm excited to see how it looks.

I should have something to post this upcoming week or next at the latest. Next up will be the Koins and a totally new design.

Now that things are settling down and I have some time, I expect to be a bit more active in the forums.

Have a nice weekend all,

tsun

Edited by tsunrisebey

Patiently waiting too. Just saw your Koins on Facebook. Are you minting those for sale also? Pardon the digression.

I know FB has a large/huge following ... but there are those of us who do not have, nor do we want an account there.

Might be nice to post in another place so all could see and be aware. (might help sales as well)

Patiently waiting too. Just saw your Koins on Facebook. Are you minting those for sale also? Pardon the digression.

I know FB has a large/huge following ... but there are those of us who do not have, nor do we want an account there.

Might be nice to post in another place so all could see and be aware. (might help sales as well)

Bartians: Koins won't go on reservation until after Merlin is done, I usually do one coin at a time because it's easier for me :)

nevadanick: I have more freedom on FB than I do on the forums unfortunately and I can reach a larger audience there for discussions on nontrackables or other projects that I am working on. I post the necessaries here so those who don't use FB don't miss anything regarding geocoins :) FB is one of those necessary evils these days. There was a time in the not too distant past where this place was hopping eveyday and it was tough to keep a thread on the first page. FB became popular with the vendors and people could just follow who they liked without having to sort through all the threads here. It is what it is ;) Besides, I haven't really done much on coin designs since GCF, so I haven't had much to post. I won't forget my peeps over here :D

tsun

I'm a die hard Non FB internet user, I have no interest that my friends have eaten a whole block of chocolate and now feel fat/guilty :laughing: Or indeed what embarrassing antics my almost adult children are up to. :o

But Stephs comments about how vendors have turned to FB and how the forums see a lot less traffic have made a little :antenna: spark in my brain.

Signing up under my Geonick and tracking geocoin vendors maybe something I can live with :anitongue:

Thanks Steph! :P

Off topic; I don't think FB is one of those necessary evils these days. It's just an other website with other possibilities. When you don't want to use it, as I do, you just have to live with the consequences.

Back to topic

I do collect coins but can't keep up with everthing that is being made. I'm happy there are still designers who keep us informed here. Thank you for that. And when possible I will buy one (or more ;) )of these great Merlin's Falcon Geocoin-Cache Raptor geocoins B)

edit; Typo's

Edited by JackHoe

I'm a die hard Non FB internet user, I have no interest that my friends have eaten a whole block of chocolate and now feel fat/guilty :laughing: Or indeed what embarrassing antics my almost adult children are up to. :o

But Stephs comments about how vendors have turned to FB and how the forums see a lot less traffic have made a little :antenna: spark in my brain.

Signing up under my Geonick and tracking geocoin vendors maybe something I can live with :anitongue:

As a vendor, I have no choice but to be on Facebook. I don't particularly like the way that the site is set up and I think that their privacy policy is questionable. That being said, it is also where all of the customers are, so I update my Facebook page frequently. I held off on joining Facebook as long as possible, but once I joined, my access to customers increased greatly.

As a vendor, I have no choice but to be on Facebook. I don't particularly like the way that the site is set up and I think that their privacy policy is questionable. That being said, it is also where all of the customers are, so I update my Facebook page frequently. I held off on joining Facebook as long as possible, but once I joined, my access to customers increased greatly.

Nope that's not where they ALL are. I am disappointed when I hear that some coins are sold out before they are ever seen here. I have a facebook account but don't use it much like others that have posted and for similar reasons.

I am really looking forward to getting one of the original colors of the Falcon! I wish I could have gotten one of those fabulous BBBS Koins but I missed out there.

Nope that's not where they ALL are. I am disappointed when I hear that some coins are sold out before they are ever seen here. I have a facebook account but don't use it much like others that have posted and for similar reasons.

I am really looking forward to getting one of the original colors of the Falcon! I wish I could have gotten one of those fabulous BBBS Koins but I missed out there.

+1 ... amen ... +me

Has there already been a price determined?

No, I'm still waiting on pictures from the mint and I'll get an estimate on my cost based on how may I order/colors/metals. I then come up with a cost based on all my information.

Once I get pictures and get the game plan in place, you'll get all the info :) Hang tight!

tsun

Thx a lot for the info :)

Maybe I can pick it up then myself ;) It´s been a long time since I lived in Montana, wanna go there again some time soon :D

Has there already been a price determined?

No, I'm still waiting on pictures from the mint and I'll get an estimate on my cost based on how may I order/colors/metals. I then come up with a cost based on all my information.

Once I get pictures and get the game plan in place, you'll get all the info :) Hang tight!

tsun

Can't wait for those falcons, they look fabulous!

And sorry for the quote, but:

+1 ... amen ... +me

I don't use facebook, I have no account there and I hate the recent developement, that watching the forums, getting shop newsletters, watching blogs isn't enough nowadays, one has to be on facebook to see new coins and be in the "action" there to trade for nice coins.

I hope vendors aren't changing to much in their way and by thinking the costum is at facebook. Actually, it's the other way round. Because of so many vendors only showing their planned designs on facebook, the coiners go to facebook, otherwise they miss out.

If the designers would promote their new coin here in the forums, we'd all stay here as well.

I for one live with the consequences of not being on facebook, for me to be able to see a new coin design and make reservations or buying it, is not enough to put up with facebook policies and practises.

That might be my loss, I know.

But it sadens me to read, the vendors go there, because the customer are there. Thats not the case. The customers go, where the cool coin designs are to be had.

Edit: a silly typo. (as usual....)

Edited by ElliPirelli

I don't use facebook, I have no account there and I hate the recent developement, that watching the forums, getting shop newsletters, watching blogs isn't enough nowadays, one has to be on facebook to see new coins and be in the "action" there to trade for nice coins.

I hope vendors aren't changing to much in their way and by thinking the costum is at facebook. Actually, it's the other way round. Because of so many vendors only showing their planned designs on facebook, the coiners go to facebook, otherwise they miss out.

If the designers would promote their new coin here in the forums, we'd all stay here as well.

I for one live with the consequences of not being on facebook, for me to be able to see a new coin design and make reservations or buying it, is not enough to put up with facebook policies and practises.

But it sadens me to read, the vendors go there, because the customer are there. Thats not the case. The customers go, where the cool coin designs are to be had.

Well said !!! Bravo.

Well said !!! Bravo.

No facebook here. I (Joe) look here. Sue sometimes sees something on FB and lets me know but due to possible work issues I don't use FB at this time.

GREETINGS ALL!!! I am a reluctant FB user. I just Liked Tsun's page on 4-3-13, so I can be better informed on what she's up to!!! Too many places to look for shiny goodies these days!!!

(Just a little hijack here--I voted for Sundance on FB but my posts for the votes didn't show up. He won anyway--YEAH!!!)

I LOVE these FALCONS and would love to have at least two when they're ready.

Ok folks, I'm asking that this thread not be turned into a FB thread. Someone asked me a question and I answered the question as a vendor and what I do or how I handle things. I was honest about how I handle my business which is what it is now and I don't just design geocoins anymore. I ALWAYS bring my TRACKABLE geocoin designs here that has never changed and I will continue to do so.

If you don't like FB, that's fine, I will always inform you of an available design here. No one has missed a sale as I have been doing reservations for quite sometime so people don't get upset about missing design :) I will continue to post here.

If you want to discuss as FB in general as it pertains to vendors, please start another thread. That way everyone can can state their opinions without derailing a design thread.

For ME, FB allows me as a business person to do so much more than I can do on the Groundspeak threads. Groundspeak has their rules and we all must abide by them. I can't do here on the threads what I can do on FB and I'm perfectly fine with that. How many people like pathtags but you just can't discuss those here. I need a place where I can grow, get feedback, post ideas, show progress, have contests for non-geocoin related stuff, etc. and FB is where it's at these days (social media). It's really the only other place I play. We see how quickly this thread got off track, on FB no one really has to worry about that. You don't have to sift through a bunch of threads or posts to find what you're looking for.

I need to do what is best for myself and my business and when it comes to trackable geocoins, I will always come back to my roots and post here. So I ask that you not hold the fact I do more on FB against me but I can really let loose there where I'm a bit more contained here with one thread per design.

Anyhow, back to Merlin itself, still waiting on the mint to send me pictures. Hard to believe only 2 new color combos is taking so long :(

Anyway you look at it, thanks for the support here and/or FB!

tsun

MERLIN FALCON RESERVATION INFORMATION

I will take reservations until Sunday evening. When you place a reservation for an order, you are making a contract with Tsunrisebey Designs LLC. I am placing an order on your behalf, when the product is shipped to me, I will send you a request for payment at which time you will be required to pay within 5 days. If you do not pay for your order, you forfeit your order and I reserve the right not to reserve or sell you products in the future. I haven't had any serious problems but I like to cover my bases. Let me repeat, you are not paying for the geocoins right now, you will pay for your order when I received them from the mint.

Price: $12.75 per geocoin (trackable/unique icon). Shipping to the US, Canada and UK are included in the price.

Shipping: International order will be charged an additional $3.00

Purchase 10 or more, price drops to $12.50 per geocoin.

Here's what a sample order would look like:

Geocaching Name:_tsunrisebey

Email:_tsunrisebey@gmail.com

Amount

Blue Blaze: _3

Merlin Rising: _2

Predator: _1

Please copy and paste the following order form and send to tsunrisebey@gmail.com

Geocaching Name:__________________

Email:________________

Amount

Blue Blaze: ____

Merlin Rising: _____

Predator: _____

536903_10151503115627860_1395536620_n.jpg

MERLIN FALCON RESERVATION INFORMATION

I will take reservations until Sunday evening. When you place a reservation for an order, you are making a contract with Tsunrisebey Designs LLC. I am placing an order on your behalf, when the product is shipped to me, I will send you a request for payment at which time you will be required to pay within 5 days. If you do not pay for your order, you forfeit your order and I reserve the right not to reserve or sell you products in the future. I haven't had any serious problems but I like to cover my bases. Let me repeat, you are not paying for the geocoins right now, you will pay for your order when I received them from the mint.

Price: $12.75 per geocoin (trackable/unique icon). Shipping to the US, Canada and UK are included in the price.

Shipping: International order will be charged an additional $3.00

Purchase 10 or more, price drops to $12.50 per geocoin.

Here's what a sample order would look like:

Geocaching Name:_tsunrisebey

Email:_tsunrisebey@gmail.com

Amount

Blue Blaze: _3

Merlin Rising: _2

Predator: _1

Please copy and paste the following order form and send to tsunrisebey@gmail.com

Geocaching Name:__________________

Email:________________

Amount

Blue Blaze: ____

Merlin Rising: _____

Predator: _____

536903_10151503115627860_1395536620_n.jpg

Thanks Tsun :) Very Beautiful.