Garmin62S - Non Basemap Maps

GemJay

Hi,

I have recently purchased a Garmin62S for half price at DSE for $249.

As I've seen concurred on previous forums, it is acknowledged that the base map is very poor.

If someone is able to, would they please inform me of how to obtain google-satelitte-type maps that I may upload to the GPS and use instead of the basemap.

Primarily looking for South East Queensland.

Thank you.

Hi,

I have recently purchased a Garmin62S for half price at DSE for $249.

As I've seen concurred on previous forums, it is acknowledged that the base map is very poor.

If someone is able to, would they please inform me of how to obtain google-satelitte-type maps that I may upload to the GPS and use instead of the basemap.

Primarily looking for South East Queensland.

Thank you.

I don't know of anywhere you can get satellite maps but for map maps try the Free maps for Garmin brand GPS devices website.

I use the Open Street Map (use Huntleigh's link) in my 62s. For free maps, I think they're great. Recently, I went on a trip to Canada, Alaska and North-Eastern USA and they performed very well. I downloaded the maps to my notebook before I left Australia and uploaded them to my GPSr as I needed them.