How to enter coordinates - iphone app or other?

victor.phillips

Any information would be helpful. I am using the Iphone app and we found cache 1 & 2 which gave us the coordinates to the final cache. How do you input the coordinates into either the iphone or another app. We are stuck any help will be appreciated. Thanks

In the official app, when navigating to a cache, there's a flag icon in the top-right corner. Tap this to enter custom coordinates.

App_custom_coords.PNG

Mind if I jump onto this topic? A few days ago I tried to find a mystery with the iPhone app. I entered the final coordinates as shown here. But what then? I was either send to the given coordinates or to a waypoint on the cache site and not to the coords I entered. Something certainly went completely wrong there.

Mind if I jump onto this topic? A few days ago I tried to find a mystery with the iPhone app. I entered the final coordinates as shown here. But what then? I was either send to the given coordinates or to a waypoint on the cache site and not to the coords I entered. Something certainly went completely wrong there.

When you have entered the coordinates don't select "Set To Current Location" or "Set To Geocache Location", just hit "Done"....it will jump back to the navigation screen and you will see a little flag on the map at the coordinates you entered. Click the arrow and select "Set As Target"...Off you go!

You can name the waypoint whatever you like in case you will be searching for it later. It will remain attached to that cache until you delete it, even if you close the app and come back to it later.

When you have entered the coordinates don't select "Set To Current Location" or "Set To Geocache Location", just hit "Done"....it will jump back to the navigation screen and you will see a little flag on the map at the coordinates you entered. Click the arrow and select "Set As Target"...Off you go!

You can name the waypoint whatever you like in case you will be searching for it later. It will remain attached to that cache until you delete it, even if you close the app and come back to it later.

Argh! I think this iStuff is simply too complicated to use for me (as I noticed before) :blink::rolleyes: Thanks a lot, that helps a lot.

Mrs. Terratin