Official IPhone App and Offline Caching

Am I correct that the IOS Groundspeak app has provisions for offline caching? I have an Android phone and the official android app but my daughter just got an Ipod and a bluetooth GPS. In the Android app I can't see how to do offline maps -- I can download PQs but there is no obvious way to cache maps. This doesn't affect me because I prefer Cachesense anyway but I want to know about the IOS app before paying for it for my daughter. In the IOS app can you cache maps? How do you do it? Does it work well?

Thank you!

I have the android version and it does have a button for offline caching. I've not used it although I'm trying the offline storage using C:Geo which is a free paperless geocaching app for android. I'm pretty sure it's available for IOS too. My friend uses the official Geocaching app on her iPhone and gets on very well with it.

Bluetooth GPS for the iPhone? I thought the iPhone had a pretty good GPS chip built in...

Edited by Mart9012

The IPOD does not have a built-in GPS AFIK. I am not able to find any button in the Official Android app that caches maps for offline use. I see how to have offline cache info and to seek them via compass, but I see no way to save maps. Can anyone tell me how to do this?