Need Help Filtering Search Results on Geocaching.com

LeftOvers4Dinner

Hi!

I have a lot of kayak/aqua caches in my area, and when I try to search, my search results are often FULL of them. I tried clicking on Advanced Search, and I only have the options of "Traditional Cache".... and I still get a lot of geocaches that require boat or kayak access.

Is there a way to filter these out? I thought I found it once, but I guess I'm wrong or just lost, lol!

I'm not able to do water-related caches, so I'd really like to narrow down my search results to caches on land.

Thanks!

Hi!

I have a lot of kayak/aqua caches in my area, and when I try to search, my search results are often FULL of them. I tried clicking on Advanced Search, and I only have the options of "Traditional Cache".... and I still get a lot of geocaches that require boat or kayak access.

Is there a way to filter these out? I thought I found it once, but I guess I'm wrong or just lost, lol!

I'm not able to do water-related caches, so I'd really like to narrow down my search results to caches on land.

Thanks!

Pocket Queries are what you want.

You can exclude caches that have the "Boat" attribute, but keep in mind that this will only work if the owner of each cache has applied that attribute.

Hey! Thanks everybody!

I just found the pocket query thing this evening, and ya'll are right! I'm setting one up right now, :D

And the ignore suggestions also great, I noticed some of the nearby caches aren't tagged "boat" but then you read the description and it says "kayak required". I'll be sure to do that too.

Thanks ya'll. When I can, I like to take my fiancee geocaching. But due to some permanent injuries (I'm getting married to a proud Gulf War Vet!), really tough terrain ends up being a headache, so it's been a pain in the butt filtering search results for GC locations that are pretty/scenic, but not a long or difficult hike. Thanks so much for helping us out.

Take care, and happy caching!